Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought mine last night. 2015 ZX14r ABS!

Bike is like new but man it is the smoothest bike I have ever ridden! Had a 2005 Hayabusa and a 2008 zx14 and none compare!

Anyway looking to upgrade the exhaust with a full performance one and PC5. I want less weight more performance but I HATE noisy bikes!

What can you suggest and how much weight/HP will I lose and gain? Ballpark is ok. Thanks

Also where to buy????

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
The weight reduction will make the best impression, especially with a full system I think you can remove a lot of kgs!

You can check your weight gains and new sound levels in various exhaust manufacturers websites :smile2:

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Efharisto!
Parakalo file mou, check out these stats, with an Akrapovic full system you save 6.8 kilos and you gain 4.9kw and 6.7 torques: https://www.akrapovic.com/en/moto/product/11932/Kawasaki/ZZR-1400-ZX14R/2015/Racing-Line-Titanium?brandId=31&modelId=168&yearId=3766

With a pair of Akrapovic slipons you save 5.7 kilos and you gain 4.2kw and 4.5 torques: https://www.akrapovic.com/en/moto/product/16490/Kawasaki/ZZR-1400-ZX14R/2015/Slip-On-Line-Titanium?brandId=31&modelId=168&yearId=3766

That means that the factory headers are top quality and way over engineered so if I were you I would choose to fit the slipons as the weight and power advantage over a full system is minimal, especially with the heck load of torque and horses already available :grin2:

You will also be 11db louder at 5000rpm with the full system, slipons are usually a bit less loud (no info provided) but you can play with the db killer if it's still too loud for you.

Also, check out the performance graph near the bottom of the page for more details.

Most eponymous exhaust manufacturers have similar data for comparison, just check their websites and decide what's best for you!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Delkevic Carbon cans slip ons with an ECU flash from schnitz racing might just be the ticket.
I do not think I would be sacrificing too much HP. no???????????

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
The Delkevic Carbon cans slip ons with an ECU flash from schnitz racing might just be the ticket.
I do not think I would be sacrificing too much HP. no???????????
They look amazing and they are super light but they must be very loud:

"Delkevic DS70 9" oval carbon fiber mufflers are made from a pre-formed composite carbon fiber sleeve and high grade 304 stainless steel. They have a big 2 3/4 inch (70mm) outlet and are short, open, crisp, and LOUD"

When Delkevic say loud they really, really mean it >:)

Power-wise you will be fine but since you don't like loud bikes be careful no to end up with a howling beast!

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
I was looking at the 14" but either way we will see.
Good thing with four bangers is that they are quieter from idle to mid range in comparison to two twin cylinder engines even with loud exhausts on, less boom down low, all the fun is revving them out though.

You can have a listen to various videos but most of the times the video sound has nothing to do with the real thing so a live sample would be ideal, if possible, to help you with your choice :smile2:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK so I went balls to the walls or as we say "den gamiete?

Brock's performance Alien Head 2 FULL exhaust system, Sprint Air filter and ECU flash all by Schnitz racing!

We will see! Tha doume!

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
OK so I went balls to the walls or as we say "den gamiete?

Brock's performance Alien Head 2 FULL exhaust system, Sprint Air filter and ECU flash all by Schnitz racing!

We will see! Tha doume!
Eisai oreos Foti, pio toubano de ginetai, na to xareis me tin psixi sou!

Awesome stuff, you'll see a great difference :grin2:

Throw some pics of the new pipes and keep us posted!

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
GR....

I lived in Thessaloniki from 1984 to 1986 when I studied there......
I am sure you had a great time, Salonica is an amazing city to experience as a student and not only:smile2:

I did my second Masters degree at NYU and also got a taste of the riding culture of NY and America in general.

Hope to see you back in Salonica sometime!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts