Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that a majority of the parts will not fit up but i was wondering if any parts at all would fit?? Like the gas tank fairing stay or bar clips. Heres the low down I have an 2011 zx6r,well one of my friends side swiped me and put the bike out of commission. So I have another friend who is in jail that own's a 2010 zx10. He felt bad for me so he said i could ride his bike. Ive been ridding it for a while,well last night the bottom fell out and about two miles from home i hydroplaned. Ive now tore his bike up and feel terrible!! Im willing to take anything off of my bike to try to make his right! What fits and what doesnt??

·
Registered
12 Posts
I seriously don't think anthying is interchangeble between these two bikes. In the kawi thinking of those that designed it, its replaceble abs plastic that may see damage and need replacing..I hope you had great insurance on all those bikes.. sure save you a ton of expenses.. insurance sure is cheaper than buying the stuff out of pocket. Or try hunting parts on EBAy or Craigslist

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
If you hydroplaned on a motorcycle you were riding way too fast. I've ridden (recently) 70 mph through rain with a balding front tire without issues. The truly decent thing to do if you don't have the money to fix his bike exactly the way it was is to go through your insurance. Your insurance should cover you in/on another vehicle.

As for your question, his bike uses 50mm clip ons, yours use 51mm, so those won't even swap over. Nothing you have will work. Your friend is gonna see his bike, kick your ass, and end up back in jail. Call your insurance, or sell parts from your bike to get money to replace parts on his. I don't know what else to tell you. You don't have good luck on two wheels it seems.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for replying guys!! I didn't try to file an insurance claim because I figured they wouldn't go through the process of fixing the bike because I'm not on his insurance policy.Is it too late??? Or will i get into trouble with the law for leaving the scene? @LarryJ I've also rode in the rain many of times on a balding tire and never had an issue. This time there was a large body of standing water a couple of blocks after a bridge I went over. After it happened I kept trying to figure out what went wrong. The only thing i could think of was that it was a combination of a balding tire and a rookie mistake. I say that because for 1) I should of known there was gonna be some kind of sitting water on the side of any bridge. 2) before the bridge there was a stop light so by the time i came to that big body of water i was still in either 1st or 2nd. Too low of a gear,as soon as I hit the water the rear tire spun,the motor free revved and the bike kicked out hard to the right...real hard I was facing the ditch to my left then I went tumbling. Since it was raining I should of gear up to 3rd or 4th asap....rookie mistakes. I happened so fast. Not worried about my friend "kicking my ass" either lol. Although I woundnt blame him if he tried.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Just the seat cowl is all I know that will fit.

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
Leaving the scene isn't an issue if you were the only one involved. Call the insurance and tell them what happened. Tell them you lost control in the rain. They won't question that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts