Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

zx6 r 2012 FI light blinking start problems

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Strider007 
#1 ·
hi people my bike last week starts to blink the FI light ween im riding and then just turn of and no problems until now today i was riding and FI light start to blink again and ween i stoped the motor turn of and wont start again at the end of 5 times triing to start the motor start and goes good again some one know what can be hapened please HELP it is my only veicle i ride evry day to work

#2 ·
Hello and welcome!

You can follow the instructions PDF I'm attaching to this message to find out which service code(s) it is throwing and what it means.

Attachments

#4 ·
Yes, the 2012 ZX-6R is exactly the same as the 2009 which is what the instructions I attached are for. So the wire (self-diagnosis terminal) will be there somewhere.

If there is actually an error, the codes are stored in memory so you can retrieve them using the instructions I posted. If there are no codes stored, then it may be a faulty FI light or something else causing it to blink when it shouldn't.

#6 · (Edited)
Yup, you are correct! I just went back and looked and found that I accidentally opened the wrong service manual when I was looking for the self-diagnosis mode for you. Sorry about that!

Here is the self-diagnosis section from the correct 2009 Service Manual in case anybody else needs it:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.