Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has probably been brought up before, but I'm at work and dont have time to dig around aimlessly...will a new zx10 cowl fit a new zx6? The look awfully close...

Thanks,
GunRunner

·
Registered
167 Posts
i think i read somewhere that the 05-06 zx6 seat cowl with fit the 06 zx10, also the front euos from an 05-06 zx6 with fit the 06 zx10. i would look into this before i purchased anything.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
According to a listing on Fleabay, the cowl fits 05/06 ZX6R or a 06 ZX10...I like the way they look compared to the plain style 6R cowls...

GunRunner

·
Registered
975 Posts
Originally posted by lil green monster
Yes the 05-06 zx6 fits the 06 zx10.

green the only way to flllyyy![:p][^]:D
Don't mean to Hi-jack but do you type that in every single time you post? Because for some reason I don't think it's a sig

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
only the 2006 cowl fits the 636 supposedly, and they got rid of the pad. the 2006 10R cowl looks just like ours does. I was wanting to do the same thing! :(

supposedly, and I'm saying this based on what I've been told when I originally asked, the 2005 10R cowl does NOT fit ours. Everyone suggested I try to get my own upholstered pad made, or make it myself.. to add onto my 636 cowl.

·
Registered
287 Posts
the 06 6r and 10r cowls will fit each other. (Black has the identical part number for each one). However, my dealer said the 05 mounting brackets are slightly different, and will fit, but not as good. They evidently change it just enough year to year so you have to buy a new one according to what he told me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.