Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Heres my 93 ZX600C Only mods are Dynojet kit, new front tire, homemade fender elimination kit, and a V&H full exhaust.

Currently painting the bike, its gonna be black and blue, just like me when i drop it....lol:D flush mount led turn signals front and back, K&N Filters, wider rear tire??, led footpegs, and solo rear fairing. any idea how wide of a tire i can put on the stock rear rim????? where can i get some performance parts for the bike??? frame sliders????

ill post picks as it comes along.

hope someone has a C model, cant let these things fade away.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

previous owner dropped it on BOTH SIDES, and ripped the tail apart doin a wheelie[}:)]

now its fixing time..

ill get more picks in the morning and as i make progress with my work!!

·
Registered
1,875 Posts

I think the coolest parts I had were the rear seat cowl, corbin seat (not in this pic), evil-eyebrow headlight, and dual fat cans aimed high on the back.

Sadly, I sold her a year ago.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
watch out now...

haverhill? I'm from worcester...but was in boston for 4 years...we could've cruised if I still had the bike

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nice bike :D nice to see that some people keep these things in good shape. where did you get the seat cowl??
or solo tail?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

start of a new paint job!!(first 2 coats on tank) fairing is the blue color and fender and tank design are flat black to match the dull black seat lol and rims will be flat black or polished!!

custom tail integrator made out of a couple peices from the stock fender!![8D]

i also lowered it 2.5 inches[:p] now i have to get some clip-ons!! check out the susp. travel[^]
cleanin the carbs and gettin them ready for a custom RAM AIR KIT!!![:p]

what do u think??? i like criticizm

·
Registered
11 Posts
hi
wondering how u will make the ram air kit for it
want to make one my self,,,, plz send some photos and if u cane some spec of it

i do have on my zx6rc 1991 mod bike dyno kit kn filters and a 4 degre advanser
and vance&hines ssr2
topp speed on this setup is 140 mph on a very long flat road

best regards

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
its fairly simple to make it and fairly cheap. i will post instructions and pictures.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
do you know of any specific sites i can get engine/intake/electronic performance parts???

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
first off for the ram air you will need; 70mm Flexi alloy ducting www.motorspeed.com(2 tubes),K&N Filter www.knfilters.com part# RD-4669 and part# 62-1330(go to find dealer and click shop online), also the stock airbox. you will have to fabricate your own mounts for the ram tubes(wireties are good). also the ram air works awesome with stage 3 dynojet kit. will post pics soon

·
Registered
139 Posts
My wife's bike, 88 ZX600C-1 with 2600 orig. miles.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
ugh...seeing you working on that bike makes me feel nostalgic because it was my first street bike/first love.

Anyways, there are three solo seat/cowls for the Ninja 600R. The first is an airtech fiberglass 1-piece seat cowl/tail fairing/side panels...you can get it at www.airtech-streamlining.com, but I bought it on clearance for $100 1-1/2 years ago. The second is the corbin seat which has a padded seat in the rear that is color matched to the factory fairings. This one is my favorite by far because it is much more comfortable for long rides. Corbin doesn't make it anymore, but if you hunt ebay religiously, one may pop up that you can get recovered. The last one is a targa bolt on plastic cowl, but nobody sells them anymore, and I've seen ONE on ebay over the last 3 years.

Also, my friend put progressive front springs to replace the stock springs...it's a huge improvement over stock (instability over bumps/front nose dive are all gone), but it rides higher. So be sure to let us know how the clip-ons workout.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Very nice to see. Keep the mods coming. I wish my 88 looked like the one with 2600miles. Mine has 38,000 and i ride the shit out of it every day i can. I just want to do some paint work this year and i will be happy. I wish we had our own section. I bet there are enough of us

·
Registered
111 Posts
Anyone with a zx600c. Please look at your button on your stop cock on your gas tank. When you use your gas tank reserve. Is reserve pointing down or up. When i switch to my reserve the bike dies even though there is a lot of gas in the tank (1/4). Just wondering if when i pulled the stop cock button off, if i put it back on in the wrong position (in other words when i think i am on the reserve position, maybe i am actually in the regular position) Thanks

·
Registered
58 Posts
Reserve is down off is up on is in the middle my 1994 zx600c is in the process of being redone it has only 78xx miles on it and is starting to look really good the only thing is the starter motor clutch just went out so i am tearing the motor down to replace that will post pics when i am done

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.