Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 1990 zx600d with around 20k. It's in the shop right now due to the clutch slipping which they said they fixed by just adjusting it. After sitting there for a week it took a few minutes of turning over before it started. Now to me this seems normal because of it being a carbureted bike and having only been started one or twice over the past 6 months. It has a brand new battery and now is starting and running no problems. Now the issue is that the mechanic says it is not normal for it to have such a hard time starting at any time and that being that it did he wants to look into it more and possibly thinks I have a lean condition and gas leaking somewhere. The carbs are clean they were done last year it has a Yoshi exhaust and the carbs were tuned and jetted for that. I am planning on going to pick the bike up Monday and not have them look father into it if it's having no issues other than a hard time starting after over a week. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the long post I'm trying to give all info I think could be necessary. The mechanic believes there may be gas going into the cylinder because he said there's none coming from anywhere else and he believes that could be the only reason it has trouble starting. I think it sounds pretty normal considering the circumstances. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts