Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This dyno chart shows how our ZX636 development is going.
The chart has a Stock ZX636, a ZX636 with an Arata pipe and Power Commander, and the final run is still a 636 motor with the head decked, cylinder decked, an Arata pipe and Power Commander, Kit cams, Kit velocity stacks and MR9 race gas. No porting work at all, I need to install the 2MM oversize pistons, kit Ign box, to allow Ign timing adjustments, port the head, I have a rebalanced crank with 1.5 lbs taken off, and much more. I hope to hit 135 HP and that is SAE HP as run on my Dynojet 250 dyno.

·
Registered
44 Posts
NICE!!!!

Really nice Dan. That chart is mind-blowing. You got an estimate on when you'll have that kit ready? And an approximate cost? That would be up there with the 929's and the old R1's.
Keep it coming Dan![:M22]

·
Registered
364 Posts
hey dan, ya whats the price gonna be for all the work you outlined in the above thread. would you need the whole bike to do this, or just the engine? thanks.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yeah looking good Dan, can`t wait to see your Max HP that you hit for our baby...i`m sure it`ll be expensif as hell, that`s one thing, but if you can get 135 hp out of the 636 it would be well worth it!!!

Let us know as soon as you get more info!
Keep us posted on the step by step

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Hey Dan, that's obviously impressive stuff, but what I'm curious about is the street-ability or durability of that bike... what's involved in maintaining it since most people can't afford the money or time to be rebuilding every weekend or repairing. How does it compare to stock for the long haul? Can you expect to get some miles out of it, or is it strictly a track tool at this point with the work you've done? And what compression ratio are you at at this stage?

Keep up the good work and keep us posted !!! I wanna see that puppy surprise a few R1's...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Originally posted by tommyboynjataol
I can't even imagine would you could do with a 10R!
Sounds like 184 rwhp before oversized pistons. Thats more power than alot, if not all of the GP500 bikes in 1998. I get chills up my spine just thinking how beautiful it would feel to twist the grip on a bike like that. Having a bike with similiar power of Mick Doohan's GP bike at a fraction of the cost, Wow.... Thank goodness for progress.........:)

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Where is the update for this? Thats pretty impressive stuff. Wow..OLD THREAD!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.