Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
15/43 on a 2005 zx6r (636)

the +2 rear Kicks some ass...

Also to help you out the 2003-2004 ZX6R/RR sprockets will work on our bikes as well.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Me i dont like to mess with the smaller front as 15 is the smallest i will go, tight ass turn for the chain..also the rear is aluminum and lighter then the steel one..Just cost more but worth it to me.

+2 is the most i would do on this bike as anything more is going to be a whole lot of wheelies and wasted time

·
Registered
409 Posts
Originally posted by jdgun_13
Me i dont like to mess with the smaller front as 15 is the smallest i will go, tight ass turn for the chain..also the rear is aluminum and lighter then the steel one..Just cost more but worth it to me.

+2 is the most i would do on this bike as anything more is going to be a whole lot of wheelies and wasted time
Thanks JD...now I have to add that to my list!![:p]

·
Registered
560 Posts
Originally posted by jdgun_13

[:+1]

i ran -1 up front and it ate my chain up fast, although it definately woke the bike up. i just went back to stock up front and went +2 rear. i love it, still pulls just as hard, and better for the chain. great bang for the buck mod.

·
Registered
763 Posts
with you guys who did just +2... stock chain works just fine right? im pretty sure i know the answer to that but wanna make sure.

how much top end did you lose? i wanna do +2 to gain a little extra but i dont want to lose much top end at all.

and what brand sprocket is everyone running?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Not from personal experience just number crunching, but I have a spreadsheet that'll show the top speed of the 06 ZX-6r according to gear ratios / sprocket size. It shows that redline in 6th is at 171mph but unless you're really light it'll top out at 166 (according to a magazine road test). With 2 up in the rear it'll top out at 163 so you're really not loosing much. Sorry for my obsessive compulsive post but I hope this helps.

·
Registered
138 Posts
does anyone know the top speeds for each gear with stock gearing? i know first is like 75ish and 2nd is around 100ish. was just wondering if anyone had the acutal numbers.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Not so sure but after my 390 mile ride today i am going to go back to stock gearing
OR just take my Rc51 out for anything that has me running 75-80mph for any amount of time..
Bike was buzzy as all hell and doing like 8,000RPM indicated at 80MPH and that is a real 80 mph...verified by GPS and a car that is right on the money as well..Love that speedohealer

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Nope i am keeping the 45 for the track and will go back to 43 for the street and well the 44 can be a compromise if the time comes..or something.
Better to have to many parts then not enough

·
Registered
158 Posts
Here's what I have for stock gearing numbers...
1st = 67mph
2nd = 96mph
3rd = 118mph
4th = 136mph
5th = 155mph
6th = 171mph

With 2 up in the rear I get...
1st = 64mph
2nd = 92mph
3rd = 113mph
4th = 130mph
5th = 148mph
6th = 163mph

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
i also would like to know if i can run my stock chain with the +2 in the rear. if so then i will do it, i just dont have the money th buy a new chain right now. thanks

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.