Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK here is my problem. I'm getting ready to buy my first bike. I want to get the new zx6r. But then i think "well if i wait a couple of months through winter here in nj i can get a look at the '04." What do u think i should do. Do i go buy the '03 next week or wait and see if the '04 is better. really i just want to know if the '04 will come in yellow. i love yellow bikes. but if i get the '03 i will be getting a blue one.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I wouldn't expect any changes except maybe for colors. The best time to buy bikes is in the winter. You will probably get the best deal on a leftover '03 when the '04 comes out.

·
Registered
671 Posts
In addition to color changes, they might fix the solo cowl so it doesn't fly off so easily! Kinda wish I woulda waited for the 10R, but I love my bike just the same.

·
Registered
266 Posts
ill get the 03 right now there 7299 here in houston and the summer aint over yet. i say around winter they will be down to 6500. why wait for the 04 when more likely will have the features

·
Registered
266 Posts
ill get the 03 right now there 7299 here in houston and the summer aint over yet. i say around winter they will be down to 6500. why wait for the 04 when more likely will have the features

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i would like to get the 10r but this is my first bike and i don't want to go to far over the top

·
Registered
537 Posts
For a new rider 10R is a bit crazy. Sure it will be cool, but it’s money spend on something you will not have a use for. 6R has more go than most ppl can use.

As for myself... I have 2000 6R and want to get a new bike. Also thinking about 10R, but I think it will be another 600 (636 [8D]) for me. I hear transmission could be better on 03 models, maybe that will get some attention in 04 models. Maybe tach will be redone, well who knows. Will see what they come out with. Any idea when new bikes will hit the shows?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Originally posted by Pid

i would like to get the 10r but this is my first bike and i don't want to go to far over the top
So you're going to buy one of the best supersport production bikes on the planet?

[B)]

·
Registered
880 Posts
Depends on how long you can wait dog. It kills me not to ride and i consider buying a used bike to get through the summer till my 636 gets here in italy. All depends on you man.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
OK OK, I could have just let this go and let the stupidity continue but what the hell is up with the Y in Ryde???? I didn't mind it so much until I saw it finished off with Dye. When you spell it like that it's taken as like when you Dye your hair or when people used to tie DYE things. Don't take this as an attack on you, I'm just merely stating that things have become unreal. Are we going to just continue replacing "I" with "Y" until none of us know how to spell?? Y Just wanted to know why Amerycans and other countryes contynue to try to butcher language and allow people to contynue lookyng stupyd. It's not cool. It's downright ignorant. If you absolutely have to spell things wrong to look cool, please realize that the words may take on different meanings.

Oh, and by the way, I think the 636 as a first bike is a bad idea. I'd start with a beater bike so you won't be extremely pissed off when you drop it the first time. Remember, there are three types of riders. Those that have been down, those that are going down, and those who are going down again. Don't say you won't.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
"Remember, there are three types of riders. Those that have been down, those that are going down, and those who are going down again. Don't say you won't. "

this is so true....

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
He says "here in Italy" but his side info says he's in Virginia??
But you know how those Europeans like to make their words special but as long as they own a "ZED"-X 6 it's all good.

·
Registered
355 Posts
You say that you are looking for your first bike? Go used... get going on it.. then it may be time for the 05s... I know this guy who bought a brand new 03 (for his first bike) and went down... I would rather have gone down/practice on something used..

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
got to town and country cycle in hamberg nj. gave me a great deal on my 03 636;)

·
Registered
995 Posts
hopefully they switch it to an analog tach with a digital speedo like the R6, i hate the tach on my '03:(

·
Registered
56 Posts
I agree with ken on the y thing, its acceptable for it to be spelled tyre in other countries, I rather like it spelled that way but as for the 3 type of riders there's really only 2 beause those that will go down again are already those that have been down. I also agree with him and say get some old to beat on, get it now beat the shit out of it for the rest of the summer as much as possible and be ready for the 636 next season.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.