Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So got myself a little problem bought myself a zx6r that wont start if you dont push start it. But after you have driven it for about 15 min you can turn it off and it will start without any problems at all. And there is aswell a engine noise that comes and goes sometimes its more clicky and sometimes its more rattling or sweeping.

For the starting issue i have tried to clean the carbs multiple times and bought a repair kit for it aswell without any success.

And for the engine noise im planning on trying to take it apart in the winter (first time for me to disassembling an engine) if i dont get it back together i will just have to buy another engine wich i have to do anyway if it blows next summer if i only fix the starting issue. So what could the engine noise be when it comes and goes? Noticed that if i wheelie it and get a hard comedown/burnouts it tends to come back easier but if i just drive it normally it tends to stay away.

Any directions what the engine noise could possibly be and if the starting issue could be related to the noise?

It runs on all 4 cylinders.

Planning on taking a compression test on it and look what the result is of that and maybe work further from there. Aswell wondering if it could be caused by the temp sensor?

Only got some basic knowledge about engines but intrested in learning more so any advice is very much appreciated! :grin2:

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
How many miles does it have on it? It most likely needs a valve adjustment, which could be the source of both your starting issue and the noise you are hearing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How many miles does it have on it? It most likely needs a valve adjustment, which could be the source of both your starting issue and the noise you are hearing.
There is no meter on it that counts how much its driven. So a valve check is the first thing to look into then? Camchain shouldn't be the problem atleast because the previous owner tried to adjust it before selling it to me. (for the noise)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts