Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After waiting for my wheels to be madea and them getting here, I now have my Carrozzerria wheels at the house..Go figure they cam UPS and in a box saying Fragile and i see the guy flipping it end over end as i roll into the driveway...he was like OH SHIT!!!!
So without an further Ado..

Front wheel- 8.4LBS with no rotors (waiting on Galfer wave rotors)
Rear wheel-13.6Lbs with no sprocket & rotor (waiting on galfer ultralight rotor & afam sprocket)
This was done on a calibrated scale...and i will get the stock weights after i reinstall some wheel bearings and get the front tire off..

·
Registered
157 Posts
[:M18][:M86]

·
Registered
857 Posts
how much did those end up running ya? and get some pics asap...i was seriously considering some marchesisnis

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
These are the best Priced wheels on the market bar none...and i have heard enough good things about them...
They are not polished if you wanted to know just machined and clearcoated...So the high polish ones are like chrome...

A guy i know did the wheels in the same finish i picked up and had them painted white, on a cbr600RR and they sweet..
but these are going on my raw ti bike..should look damn good..
thought about gold, but that is just not going to work with my bike in the raw ti for street and semi flat black on the track..

I just really want to see how they handle versus stock..The big if they are wiorth it factor..

As far as the track goes after my little get off at @ 65Mph, i have decided i wont be using them on the track as of yet..i will wait to see how i like them on the street 1st..

weight numbers will be in tomorrow afternoon after i pick up some bearings for my stock wheels..
Hopefully i will have them on the bike and my new ram air tube in so i can have it all together...including my rashed pazzo lever:( and frame slider and arata rearset

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Man, I hope that bike is paid off.. :D

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
She is paid for and the parts are all paid in cash!

As the old saying goes, YOU WRECK YOU BUY IT!
well i bought it and no insurance for me wrecking it, oh fucking well.
Life is to short not to enjoy it and riding your bike like it was ment to be...Just do it on the track

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Originally posted by jdgun_13
She is paid for and the parts are all paid in cash!

As the old saying goes, YOU WRECK YOU BUY IT!
well i bought it and no insurance for me wrecking it, oh fucking well.
Life is to short not to enjoy it and riding your bike like it was ment to be...Just do it on the track
I agree.. I meant more in terms of two things:

You spent quite a bit of money on wheels.. They look good, and I know you got a good price on them, but that's still a lot of money for two wheels. Did you also buy two new tires or are you transferring tires from the other wheels onto them? You may have already said that.. Anyway, sometimes when I really sit down and think about it, I wonder why some of these people spend thousands and thousands of dollars on their bikes but make payments on the bike itself. Spend $1200 on an exhaust, but still paying $50 a month for a bike payment? See what I'm saying.. If that's not the case with you, cool. Another thing is I see all these people tracking their financed motorcycles--which can sometimes lead to disaster. A few of them were uninsured, or only had liability, or were not covered by insurance because they were on a race track. For whatever reason, I feel bad, but also see that some people have their priorities mixed up. Not trying to lecture anyone.. Obviously if your parts and bike are all paid for, you're doing the right thing. ;)

·
Registered
306 Posts
nice rims bro im not into the polish too much i think they would look sick gold but nice anyways[}:)]

·
Registered
277 Posts
not my dime......dont care.........nice hoops

·
Registered
857 Posts
if the rims perform aswell as they should then theyre worth the upgrade alone, a set of good lightweight rims is worht more then many other mods combined like full exhuast a pc3 custom map etc...so the price will definatly be worth it considering full exhuast are around a grand or more...hurry up with those pics haha

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
i love the rims and cant wait to see them on the bike. At 20 i make payments on my bike but way over the 50 some pay, I do plan to get a hyperpro damper tomorow that 400 could have went to the bike payment but o well life is short and bills are ment to be paid lol [:p](bike will be paid off in march and got it in June 06) not bad for someone 20[:p]

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
zero_cool is your bike paid off[?] not trying to be rude or anything just asking. And your where right about alot of this with people taking the bike to the track and they have payments or 1200 on a exhast and 50 dollars payments. But you must understand that people want things now and not next year so that is the reason ppl buy stuff now and pay for the bike later, life is short;)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.