Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've an old z500 and planning to buy a zx6r.
What are the defects of this bike?

For example: how about the driving position?

I find only positive responses on this bike!

If I didn't found someone having something wrong to say on this bike, I'll never buy one ...:D

So, please, help me to be one of you kids!

Ciao

Panta

·
Registered
128 Posts
:D Panta you will get nothing but praise about my '96 zx6r. are you looking at a 2nd hander or brand newie??? it might help us answer your question?? the only thing i hate about 6r is that unless i wear my leathers or rain gear my nuts normally get squashed against the tank [:0], maybe it is my fault for being 201cm!!! the bike itself is near faultless. i ride about 400kms per week in a mixture of highway blast to inner city riding and have had no probs. the only maitance it gets is and oil change every 5000km& a check the tyres, brake pads and lights every so often.

·
Registered
446 Posts
There is one other huge problem with the 03's. The bike is more capable then a lot of people who ride it. Everything else is minor issues that are easily fixed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd like to buy a new one.

But it seems all too perfect ...

Really no defects? No problems? Only joy to ride?

mmmh ...

Panta

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
well like any kawi the engine should make a lot of noise, transmission too..no biggie

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
The biggest problem I hear from people (including testers) about the '03 and newer is that they are prone to tank slappers. Just be sure to fit a dampner to the steering and you should be fine. Aside from that I will say when I sat on one it was a bit of a torture rack for the 'ol man berries.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I try a zx636r this evening ... WOW!

It's a world apart.

I used honda cbr and yamaha r6, so i'm not quite new to sport bikes.

You can add that i drove my first bike having 14 26 years ago ... and buyed my kawa 500 19 years ago ... so you can understand I'm not a novice...

OK, I've buyed the green one, and plan with the dealer I'll keep it the 13 of January.

Thanks to you all guys!

Ciao

Panta:)

·
Registered
100 Posts
i have a 636 with 7,000 miles on it the only problems i've had are i go through tires already on third set. also you should by a steering dampner it gets real light real fast other than that no problems i've beat the hell out of her and she loves it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you all, guys!

I'm very happy to be a part of the club.

Really, it doesn't matter which 636 you get, only that you really enjoy it!;)

BTW, is there a way to install a GPS system to track the bike? Here the cost of an insurance is so high that you can buy a new bike in 3 years!

I was thinking about a sistem like dog tracking... someone of you experienced something like this?

tnx

Ciao

Panta

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
good luck and enjoy your new bike:D

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
oh, and about the GPS tracking. its been discussed here before but they might cost a little too much money. try a search on it and you should find better detail about it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
... tomorrow...
I've seen it this evening while peoples where preparing it and torrow...:D

Ciao

Panta

·
Registered
155 Posts
I bought a blue 04 several weeks ago. The only complaint thus far is that the bike is in severe need of a steering dampener. This bike is very prone to tank slappers when coming out of corners too hard.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.