Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is kinda wierd posting this at a zx6r forum but could you just answer the following? If you had a chance to return your zx6r and choose amongst another 600cc bike would you choose a different one or do you prefer your zx6r over all others.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I searched long and hard before I bought my 6r...Suzuki, Honda, Yamaha, Ducati, everything. If I had it to do all over again...I would by a 6r no questions asked. I think the bike is so well balanced, well priced and the most comfortable of any other 600 out there.

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
6R all the way..
It's the only bike you can whip around on a track all day, and then ride 400 miles home, and not have a broken back or sore ass.

The Yami and Suzi are a little quicker on the track (none of us are good enough to exploit the advantage) but the Kawi is way better on the steet.

The Honda is almost as good all around as the kawi, but it's still not as comfortable, and I find the f4i's fuel injection to be a bit patchy...

-=Welcome To Canada=-
2002 Green 6R
1986 Gixxer 7/11

·
Registered
778 Posts
At this point - a 600 is a 600 (supersport that is)

Since you'll never use it to its full potential, that makes them all equal. The most important factor (to me) is rideability. The ZX6R is a true street bike, it has a good weight, suspension, performance, and most of the seating position is the best of all 4 which makes it a great real street bike. Not a bike just built to do laps around a track where only 4% of all supersport street bikes sold make it to.

It's a bit "outdated" but I think they still look good.

The Honda and Suzuki have FI but I have never had any problems with the carbs that would make me want to switch bikes just for that reason alone.

The R6 is a sexy machine but it's just as outdated, they got smart and added clear rear lenses with LED lights, making the ZX6R the most outdated of the 4.

All and all the ZX6R is a great bike.. but it really comes down to what you want to do...

If you think you will be happy with something else than do it - don't settle for what you don't want.

Just make sure it's an even swap - if you have to pay fees or anything else its not worth it. But thats just me.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Man, everybody's arguments FOR the 6R are going out the window for the 2003 model. I wonder how many of you are going to be fans of the new HYPERSPORT 636 and 6RR ??? Everything you didn't like about the Suzuki and Yamaha, the new 6 Kawi's are... lightest in class, more cramped and forward riding position, lower bars, a track demon... Hopefully it retains SOME of its street presence, but I'm thinkin' it's targetted directly at the Suzuki and Yamaha, and the track (as btw is the new RR Honda...)

I'll let yas know... get mine in March...

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Yea I am presenting points for 6R's upto 2002.

2003 will be different, but we won't be able to comment on those until we get a chance to ride em.

None of the bikes will be all that comfortable in 03 (except Honda is keeping the F4i as well so it may be the most comfortable)

I still think the Kawi will be awsome, for other reasons. It certainly has the most new technologies on it... inverted forks, radial mounted brakes, lap timer, rev light, etc...

-=Welcome To Canada=-
2002 Green 6R
1986 Gixxer 7/11

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I'm on my second ZX-6R so that should answer that question :)

I would have had a tougher decision if I had been buying next year. I personally like the ZX-6R much better than the R6 I tried (nothing against it though) and the F4. 2003 would be tough, I loved the ergos of the 6R, the power (still there for 03), and the fact I can take my wife on the back better than any of the other 600's (save for maybe the CBR). Plus I loved the looks. If I was buying a 600 this season it pretty well comes down to looks & performance, since the ergos are all very similar now, for both riders and passengers.

But that trademark kawi snort from the intake is likely still there, the massive midrange too, and the extra 37cc's would definatly help the decision.

·
Registered
4 Posts
When i first looked at motorcycles i was considering the Suzuki or Yamaha only cause of the colors. Personally Honda is to expensive for what they produce. If i had a chance to do it all over again it would be a close run between the Yamaha and the Kawasaki. Around the same price range and have the same great looks.Ive been told by many though that when you wanna scrape your foot pegs to the ground on a corner the Kawasaki is the one to watch for. Ride Hard but ride safe.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have tried the r6 (2001) and found it was similar to the 6r in handling and riding position, but i found the engine soooo peaky it wasn`t even fun.. the engine had nothing until around 9000 rpm, then would hit hard, the wheel rising from the ground...the short wheelbase would make it seem to wheelie for no reason...

I also tried the gsxr600(2001) found it not too bad, but the FI was harsh and it vibrated.The riding position I felt was terrible...One thing I noticed is the way it was built. I found they put a whole lot of hardware that you need special tools to remove, and many parts are hard to access.

The f4 I didn`t try, but I tried the f3 and found that it vibrates like crazy. The shifting is very rough and the riding position I found too upright. When I would accelerate, I found that my arms were beeing pulled all the time.

My kawi I find, is the best 600 so far...It`s got that snarl and exhaust tone (D&D slip-on)unequalled by any other 600. I find it`s a great bike to work on and it`s super-reliable.

go green or go home!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.