Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my chain is making a whining noise after i installed a new chain i don't know if its the solid soft nose master link, the chain came with a clip master link so they ordered me the rivet one (at no cost) but now its makes a whining noise as around 60 to 70 kms or when I pull the the clutch in (when slowing down) can any one help p.s. the chain /wheel is alined

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for all the advice the sprockets are fine its well and truly lubed might take to shop tomorrow see what they say

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
problem fixed turned out to be 2 problems one was over tightened solid nose master link, and the other seemed to be the axle nut wasn't torqued enough and was maybe throwing the alignment out, any way its fixed.

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts
problem fixed turned out to be 2 problems one was over tightened solid nose master link, and the other seemed to be the axle nut wasn't torqued enough and was maybe throwing the alignment out, any way its fixed.
Digital Calipers ($10 at Harbor Freight) come in very handy when measuring how much to crimp the master link.

Lose Axle Nut? That's why you need a 1/2" torque wrench!! Very cheap at Harbor Freight too!

;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts