Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bike has no power to tailights, headlight, starter and what ever else thats in the group... The only thing i seem to even see any power out of is the gauge pod. its not the battery, i put one in from a bike that worked fine. i changed the ground that comes off the battery to the subframe. I checked all fuses (that i know of. The headlight and tailight fuses were blown. And one of the 20amps that are seperate from the fuse panel. I checked the main 30amp fuse and it was fine. I turn the key on and i still get no love. only the gauge pod shows any sign of power. there are a few relays (i think) that are under the seat and i havent check them (dont know how). I also just eyed over the wiring from the ignition back to the battery area. i didnt see anything obvious.

can anyone help. im fVckign pissed. i worked all week, bent the old beat up subframe back and re-inforced it and i was stoked to ride. now i cant. wtfmate.

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
check again and see if any fuses you replaced are blown again, that would indicate a short somewhere.
Also check the harnesses to make sure nothing has come loose on those.

Do you have a service manual? it will show you were all the fuses and relays are. If not, you should be able to see them on the parts diagrams on kawasaki.com

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i checked all of that obvious stuff. and i checked it again.

i think i may of found the problem. the relay thats towards the back of the bike has a little dent in the side of it so it may of took some damage on a crash that happened last weekend.

can you buy these relays at a local auto parts store.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You can get those relays at any parts store just bring it with you and get the numbers off the top of the realay. For safe measure replace the relay which is under the seat next to the battery. You never know!!!!!!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just went and they dont have it. at least they said they didnt. auto parts workers usually = tards though.

the relay is $50 through the deapership. ill hardwire it before i pay that much for a 1'x1' relay. ridiculous.

btw, i did jump the plug to that relay with paper clips and when i turned the bike key to "on" it started to turn over and the fuel pump kicked on. so that relay is definetly toast. but it the headlight and taillight still didnt come on. does that relay have anything to do with the lights too? i check all fuses again and theyre golden.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I'm not very electrically inclined (used to be) but, depending on the type of relay, you may use some other type of relay. Did you check multiple parts stores? Sometimes if one doesn't have it the others would.

How much is bikebandit quoting you?

·
Resident Brit™
1,157 Posts
The circled thing in the picture looks like one of the main fuses it can be bypassed but theres no real need to.

In regards to why your lights and shit are not working i would say from experience that your main headlight relay is blown and thus will knock out alot of other things.

here is the wiring diagram for the US 00 J1 as you can see on there the relay for the headlights is linked to the tail lights and such, its located in the fuse box, change it and it should be good to go.

hope that helps

Russ

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.