Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get a new bike in the next month or two. Looking at the 00-02 ZX6R and the 01 and up F4I.
Keep in mind I am 5'7 so I need something that I can stop on an incline and not tip over. I know this will be a biased response but just throwing it out there to see what you all think.

:D

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
What do you think were gonna say? Get the Honda...yeah right. The Kawi all the way. Since the ride height is about the same I'd go for the Kawasaki. I'm only 5'9" and own a 99 zx6r and a 03 636 and I've never had a problem touching the ground.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah- I guessed i would get that response.
I was looking at the 00- 02's for the ergo's.
I know that the new 636's are redesigned and that the clip ons are a bit more a reach than the 00-02's.
What would you guys pay for a nice 00-02. I did find a nice yellow 02 w/ 3k miles for $5900

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
You should be able to pick up a nice 02 for ~$4K. 3K miles is low, but they only sold for $6700 mid way through 02, prob less near the end when the 03's hit. I like mine much more than the F4. It's just a better feeling and handling bike IMO.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
wouldn't the 6r have a higher top speed anyway cause it has 37 extra ponies?

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Originally posted by 41_fire
zx6r all the way. and don't stop to look at honda crap.
Yeah, who makes the crap?;)

The ergos of the ZX will be a bit more comfortable. It is true that the F4i has an uncomfortable seat. I believe the F4i will be more nimble. I think I am leaning towards the F4i in the looks category as well. You can't beat Honda quality but the F4i sure isn't for longer rides. No sport bike is, really, but the ZX will be a better fit than the F4i for longer rides.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Originally posted by spartan 116

wouldn't the 6r have a higher top speed anyway cause it has 37 extra ponies?
37 extra ponies? i dont think the Kawi and Honda would differ that much. or did you mean 37 extra CC... even so, the 00-02 ZX-6R and the '01+ F4i would both be either 599 or 600. The 636 didnt come out till '03, AFAIK. :)

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
doh! i missed that...maybe it's cause i want an '03 636 or maybe an '04

·
Registered
67 Posts
I was in the exact same boat as you, three months ago. I decided to get the 2002 ZX-6r.... simply because it pulled my strings.

Common sense would push you to the Honda... a better reputation for reliability and build quality (although not a big difference between any of the big 4), and fuel injection.

If you like the looks of both equally, then I'd go for the Honda, especially if you're a smaller guy.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Originally posted by speedvlaze

Originally posted by 41_fire<br>zx6r all the way. and don't stop to look at honda crap.
Yeah, who makes the crap?;)

The ergos of the ZX will be a bit more comfortable. It is true that the F4i has an uncomfortable seat. I believe the F4i will be more nimble. I think I am leaning towards the F4i in the looks category as well. You can't beat Honda quality but the F4i sure isn't for longer rides. No sport bike is, really, but the ZX will be a better fit than the F4i for longer rides.
just busting you balls[:M60]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah- I am in no way considered a big guy. I love the looks of both bikes, just torn between the two, which isn't a bad place to be. It might come down to eenie, meenie, minie, moe.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I had the option of getting both the '02 F4i and ZX-6R, as well as the '03 ZX-6R. I obviously went with the RIGHT choice. I'm 5'7" as well and although the '02 Ninja is slightly bigger than the Honda, the ergo's and seat position simply felt "right". I personally feel immediately at home on the '02 ZX-6R and always will.

The '02 Ninja is also not as common as the F4i, looks better IMO and more than fast enough for anybody looking for a 600cc bike. Plus, in 2001 it was a proven an all around performer in the drags and racetrack, as well as a very comfortable and competent touring/commuting bike when it needs to be!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.