Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yea it sucks gas!!!!

It seems that my 6 loves the gas pump lately. I used to get like 45-55 mpg and now its more like 35. Anyone else experiance this drop in milage with the hot weather?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Did your favorite gas station start using E10?

My gas mileage dropped a few MPG on the bike, and i lost about 12mpg in my daily driver after they started using it here.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
My light came on during the ride home from work this morning (I work nights). Came on about 5 miles from home and I just checked and the trip shows 132 miles on this tank so far. Which is actually good I guess since the first few tanks I went thru after getting the bike, the gas light was coming on at around 118 - 120. Hopefully this is an indication that as the bike breaks in more, the gas mileage is increasing a little. Cruising speed on the freeway is an indicated 85 - 90mph and I dont have a speedo-healer so I know that the indicated is incorrect right now.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I rode the shit out of my bike and I get about 30mpg

·
Powerhungry
38,374 Posts
id like to update my previous post. i in fact did run out on the way to the station. apparently the last 40 miles were a little more "spirited" than id remembered. and sadly i had to get *gulp* conoco *gasp* it was still idling ok, but sputtering under power. took 4.818 gallons. to the top[:0]

·
Registered
857 Posts
i usually get 140-150kms til the light pops on, but i ride pretty high in the rpm's...stock bike with slip-on and k&n

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
I am not to sure excpet that i get 30-34mpg on a good day.

When i do get a chance i hammer the shit out of the bike..as i dont get to ride daily so when i do its, all Rev's...
Also most of my miles are track miles.

Full Akra race
air fliter mod
wire jumper mod
Pair mod
PC III with custom tune

·
Registered
738 Posts
ever since i finished breaking in my bike i have gotten 50-52 mpg. i really am impressed since i was only expecting low 40s.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I usually get about 150-160 miles out of a tank which is around 45 mpg. I can't complain.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Filled tht tank tonight on the way to work. 3.66 gallons, odometer was showing just under 133 miles. That works out roughly to 36mpg. I'm hoping this will increase as the motor breaks in more. If not, oh well, I'm still having a blast and getting better mileage on the bike than I could ever dream of in my truck. :D

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Originally posted by crayder90
I usually get about 150-160 miles out of a tank which is around 45 mpg. I can't complain.
Actually, that's about 33 mpg.
Unless your tank is alot smaller than the rest of us.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
The most I ever got out of a tank, on all interstate riding was 212 miles, and that was pulling into the gas station on fumes.
So that works out to be almost 44 mpg.
In city riding, my light usually comes on between 125-135 miles.
But I haven't noticed a difference because of the weather.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.