Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I just put a 600cc ZX6R engine in a quad frame. I am trying to figure out why I have no spark. I used the stock Key from the quad and wired it to the wiring harness from the bike, I also used a resistor but I still have no spark. I believe I have all the grounds correct, does anything in the gauge cluster have to be plugged into the bike to have spark? If anyone could help that would be great!

·
Registered
135 Posts
What Model year Donor Bike was used and exactly what Resistor value and Wattage did you fit ?

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
no gauges needed.........resistor is still intact and not broken?......wired on the grey wire only?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no gauges needed.........resistor is still intact and not broken?......wired on the grey wire only?
This grey wire correct?
I connected a multi meter to the ground of the battery and then one side of the resistor to the red wire then the other side of the resistor to the positive on the battery and it still said 12.43, does that mean the resistor is bad?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I would fit the correct resistor and then if that doesn't solve the problem you can move on knowing at least that's correct.
You need a 100Ω 1/4 Watt

·
Registered
135 Posts
I've had a Guy on another Forum fit a 100Ω 1/2 and it didn't work until he swapped it for a 1/4, I've only ever fitted the correct value and can only repeat the results he passed on.

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
if you've done everything right, this should be the only holdup.......I did this same swap to and wired in a resistor to the china key switch and it went as it should.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Everything is plugged in except the grey wire and the gauge wires, waiting for the resistor to come and hopefully fix it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Will I wire in the grey wire into the brown wire? They both go to the ignition and the brown wire supplies 12v

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yep spur off the Brown wire with the resistor and attach to the grey wire the other side to the ecu.
Are you using an Ignition switch of some sort ?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts