Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been riding my 05 zx6r for about a week or so, (i had a suz gs500) and i dont know why anybody would want anything else. it is quick of the start, has power everywhere, and looks super nice.

what else could anyone possibly want that the zx6r doesnt have?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I really havent heard anything bad about it. Im looking at either a ZX6R, or a ZX14. Ill get the ZX14, if I can score cheap enough insurance, otherwise, itll be a ZX6R. What else could anybody want? A 9 second 1/4 mile E.T.? Maybe?

·
Premium Member
3,529 Posts
I really havent heard anything bad about it. Im looking at either a ZX6R, or a ZX14. Ill get the ZX14, if I can score cheap enough insurance, otherwise, itll be a ZX6R. What else could anybody want? A 9 second 1/4 mile E.T.? Maybe?
Either a zx6r or a zx14? Wow, you are all over the place. What kind of riding do you plan on doing because they are completely different bikes for different purposes. Not knocking either choice, they are both nice bikes but I'm just curious about your thought process.

As far as wanting something else, I guess I wouldn't mind a zx10r or even a zx14, but I don't think I would give up the zx6r to get one. If I had my choice, I'd turn my 6 into a track bike, have a 10 for killing the street, and a 14 four touring. That trio would be the shit.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Originally posted by weaver
Something super light and fun, like that new Aprilia Supermotard. Just for those days when I want to go fast sitting up. Or an Aprilia 250 two-stroke, which I'd use as a track bike. Maybe a fully restored TZ750? Hmmm, lots of great bikes out there...

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
well a real world 130RWHP would make it the perfect bike..and a drop of 20lbs..and ohlins shiock and forks from the factory..yeah thats it.
That should about do it...

Oops thats pretty much a gsxr750...SHIT!!!!!

when is the ZX-8 coming already?

·
Registered
380 Posts
I would like to get an old cafe racer some day and a dual sport and a sport tourer and a cruiser and a liter bike and a new dirt bike and the list goes on. If I had just one choice though? I'm happy with my 636. I'll just throw some knobbies on 'er and head offroad.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Is that the 1000, or the 750?

The 750 is ok, but there are a lot of other bikes I'd buy before it. I haven't ridden the 1000, but I imagine it would be pretty good.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Personally, if I change I would like an 05 ZX-10 just because I like the styling better of the 05 over the 06. Or I'd get an RC51 because of the toooorrrrrrqqqqqqquuueeee and personally of that bike. But don't get me wrong, I'm VERY happy with my little 636363636

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
ive been riding my 05 zx6r for about a week or so, (i had a suz gs500) and i dont know why anybody would want anything else. it is quick of the start, has power everywhere, and looks super nice.

Torque

·
Registered
759 Posts
Hmmmmm.... That's easy:

1) Torque - all supersports are gutless below 8K compared to a liter bike. Ride a liter bike for a few years, then move to a supersport and you'll miss being able to cruise at comfy (low) RPM and have all the passing power you want/need with a flick of the wrist and no downshifting. Supersports handle better though (why I went smaller).

2) Comfort - I do long days on my 6R (400+ miles), but it could be a little more comfortable for long days of twisties and still be plenty sporty. I know these are street-legal track bikes, but he asked what you possibly want changed. How about adjustable clips and rearsets stock?

3) Two Up - gimme a break. Unless your passenger is young, limber and likes riding with their kneecaps up by their ears.

I bought a sportbike because I wanted a sportbike, but everyone has different requirements what they want their bike to do which is why all those other options are out there. And given where the 6R fell in all the shootouts this year, there's always room for improvment.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Originally posted by Nigel
Is that the 1000, or the 750?

The 750 is ok, but there are a lot of other bikes I'd buy before it. I haven't ridden the 1000, but I imagine it would be pretty good.
It is a 910.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yeah its a 910 the funniest thing is that its an inline four but has the torque of a v-twin. The bike was amazing, the only downfall was that it gets like 25 to 30 mpg [V].

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.