Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it finally happened to me. I was coming back from visiting my daughter in Shreveport and I was taken out by an old Mack rock hauler truck. Evetone make sure you're wary of old trucks. He passed me doing about 75 (I was only doing about 70 looking for a Waffle House) and the bracket on the back of his cab broke and sent tie down chains into me. Armco barriers don't feel great when you suddenly hit them. 2 broken ribs and a fractured femur later I'm in the hospital. My bike looks like hammered dog shit now, plastic is gone and the forks looks bent to hell. Worst part is someone stole my Christmas presents that were strapped to the back in a bag. My buddy went and picked the remains up of the bike and brought his camera up to show me.....depressing. Everyone be wary of shitty trucks in TX, I-20 near Mesquite is full of them!!!

Reactions: RacinJason44

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,422 Posts
Well it finally happened to me. I was coming back from visiting my daughter in Shreveport and I was taken out by an old Mack rock hauler truck. Evetone make sure you're wary of old trucks. He passed me doing about 75 (I was only doing about 70 looking for a Waffle House) and the bracket on the back of his cab broke and sent tie down chains into me. Armco barriers don't feel great when you suddenly hit them. 2 broken ribs and a fractured femur later I'm in the hospital. My bike looks like hammered dog shit now, plastic is gone and the forks looks bent to hell. Worst part is someone stole my Christmas presents that were strapped to the back in a bag. My buddy went and picked the remains up of the bike and brought his camera up to show me.....depressing. Everyone be wary of shitty trucks in TX, I-20 near Mesquite is full of them!!!
Someone stole your christmas presents? I can't even fathom the scum it would take...that's ridiculous.:(

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess they needed them more than me. Maybe Santa left them a lump of coal and they thought it was payback time.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
:eek: Sorry to hear that man! I'm glad your still with us. I'ts not long untill the new year, I hope its much better for you. sometimes things work out for the better, I hope its so for you!:)

·
Registered
743 Posts
I guess they needed them more than me. Maybe Santa left them a lump of coal and they thought it was payback time.
I commend your humor after that. I think the real gift is that your okay. Keep your spirits up and I think you'll live for many more Christmases over the theifs that steal in such a awful situation. Really more animal than ppl Is what they showed when taking advantage of someones tragity, not mention it being on a religious holiday.
:confused::mad::(

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
Wow, props for staying positive, I'm really sorry to hear about your accident. Try to have a happy new year!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm just going to see if I can maneuver my broken leg around in a garage and start stripping my track bike to rebuild my streetbike. It will take a while but I'll manage. Hopefully any parts I'll need later someone on KF will have laying around their garage waiting to be sold. It's just kinda depressing , I didn't even open the presents yet. My daughter was good about it, she said "I bought you that new exhaust system and all the carbon parts you wanted" so that made me laugh.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I'm just going to see if I can maneuver my broken leg around in a garage and start stripping my track bike to rebuild my streetbike. It will take a while but I'll manage. Hopefully any parts I'll need later someone on KF will have laying around their garage waiting to be sold. It's just kinda depressing , I didn't even open the presents yet. My daughter was good about it, she said "I bought you that new exhaust system and all the carbon parts you wanted" so that made me laugh.
May the insurance "SANTA" replace them!;)

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I have USAA and they're pretty good in my dealings with them for my truck. Hopefully they're good with the bike.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
:evil6::thumbup:

·
Registered
28,313 Posts
damn.. sorry to hear about that.. hopefully you'll heal quickly and fully, and get vengence in court on that as well.. best of luck to ya!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, Mendez Gravel & Hauling will be getting a Happy New Year letter, with a nice bill. Maybe now is the time to get that new bike.....or 2

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,422 Posts
Yeah, I have USAA and they're pretty good in my dealings with them for my truck. Hopefully they're good with the bike.
A buddy of mine had USAA on his Aprilia RSV 1000R Factory, and they were unbelievably good to him. You should be set, man.;) Either way, it was the trucking company's fault, so their insurance should cover EVERYTHING...whatever it costs to get the bike back to mint or replace it with a shiny new one, every last medical bill down to the bandaids you got for your scuffs, and realistically they should cover the cost of the christmas presents as well. If at any time you feel that the USAA isn't working hard enough for you to get what you pay them for, I wouldn't hesitate to at least get a consult from an attourney. In a case like this it's the Trucking company's insurance's job to make things like they were before, not to just toss you a few bucks and say 'good luck'.

Thanks, Mendez Gravel & Hauling will be getting a Happy New Year letter, with a nice bill. Maybe now is the time to get that new bike.....or 2
Dude, if you were in Florida you'd already have lawyers practically bashing down your door trying to get you to bring them on board. :lol:

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's still the Christmas weekend. "The Texas Hammer" and "The Strongarm" are stiil spending their settlements from earlier in the year. Those are 2 of Tx's favorite ambulance chasers. I don't plan on settling for chump change, I've had the bike since it was new, it was an anniversary present from my wife so I'm beyond pissed about it. If I can fix the bike back the way it was with a couple of upgrades I'll be happy. Any aftermarket companies make wheels for a 99 6R? :)

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,422 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks, while I'm laying here getting harassed by the nurses I'll be burning up the laptop looking for shit to spend money on:D My daughter said she already went to the shop and bought a replacement present, said I needed a new helmet. She dropped bucks for an Arai, great kid:)

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was surprised! Tha adjuster called on a Sunday and set up a time for Monday to come and look at the remnants. He said they'll get the trucking company to pick up the tab but they want to look at it to get things going. I guess maybe they'll fix it and get reimbursed? I don't care as long as it gets fixed. They told me not to worry about medical bills either that their lawyer would handle it and that I can get an outside attorney also. These guys are helpful. I'm thinking Marchesini wheels, a SSA, and a Beowulf exhaust...after some new fairings. Things seem to be looking up although my ribs hurt like a mother.:)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts