Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the diff between the two???

I know and i searched with hundtreds of non answers, so can ya just tell me!

·
Registered
93 Posts
^ agree

the differences are so obvious

ZX6R - 636cc
zzzzzzzr600 - 600cc

just look at 'em! -mechanically, a complete different animal

I don't know if you can handle this, Do you think you're ready to know about the flux capacitor on the ZX6R??;)

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by GreenEnvy
Indeed, the important question is as Cheetah asked, what years are you refering to?

a 2005-2007 ZZR600 is basically a 2002 ZX6R.
it really has very little in common with any 6R's after 2002.
Sorry i should have been more specific[:M74]

So capability wise a 05-07 zzr600 is just the same as a 02 zx6r but just more upright seating?

·
yut uuuuugh!
5,344 Posts
Did they change the geometry? My understanding is since the newer technology and engines have come out between that time period and now, the former ninja is "reclassified" as a sport-touring, even thought it was the super-sport in it's time. Maybe my information is incorrect...

·
Registered
532 Posts
the 05-07 zzr600 is the SAME BIKE as the 02 zx6r save for one part and the colors. the part they changed was the ONE part i wanted to change. there is no longer an H-bracket over the steering area to support the mirrors. it now gets support from the upper fairing bracket that supports the gauges much the same way the zx9r did....hope that helps

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
As both cheetah and GreenEnvy said, the '05-'07 ZZR is the same bike as the '00-'01 ZX-6R. But we don't get that bike in Australia. Kawasaki isn't bringing it in because they feel that the ER-6n/f fills the role adequately.

In Oz, we got a carbied 636cc version of the ZX-6R in '02. '03+ 636s are fuel injected and much more serious sportsbikes.

Also, the '90 - '05 ZZR600 in Oz is a totally different bike to the ZX-6R. In the North America it was sold as the ZX-6E. It's much more comfortable, smoother, physically larger, has a centre stand, etc.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Originally posted by dxmxgxd

Sorry i should have been more specific[:M74]

So capability wise a 05-07 zzr600 is just the same as a 02 zx6r but just more upright seating?
The 05'-07' zzr600 is the same identical bike as the 02' zx6r seating position and everything. only difference is the 05'-07' zzr600 has a slipper clutch.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Originally posted by Nigel

Also, the '90 - '05 ZZR600 in Oz is a totally different bike to the ZX-6R. In the North America it was sold as the ZX-6E. It's much more comfortable, smoother, physically larger, has a centre stand, etc.
If your 05 ZZR 600 is the american ZX-6e than its totally different from the 02 ZX-6R. its more like the American 03 ZZR 600

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.