Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi am needing 2nd hand folks foe the a1p but need to be great with no pitting at all. Drop me a message

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi am needing 2nd hand folks foe the a1p but need to be great with no pitting at all. Drop me a message
https://www.wemoto.com/bikes/kawasaki/zx-6r_zx_636_a1p/02/picture/fork_tube_-_stanchion_-_single

JMP Single Replacement Fork Tube for Kawasaki ZX-6R 636 Ninja 2005 - 2006

looks like the 2002 stanchion is a rare old beast.
cant guarantee that these are what you are looking but even secondhand these stanchions are going for good money.

my be a your old ones could be reworked at an electroplating plant if its just the chrome pitted.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I have seen that site with £149 which seems high but I think its coming to were I have to bite the bullet as these for some reason hard to buy for. Being a 2002 there ain't many around for some reason. But cheers
Again if any 2nd hand ones good please let me know 🙏

·
Registered
15 Posts
unless you bike is a museum piece would it been an option to fit 2004 -2005 forks as these seem to available and spares for them are also around.
Just wondering who made the 2002 fork version and whether it was a blip in the history of the bike which is why they are rare.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
unless you bike is a museum piece would it been an option to fit 2004 -2005 forks as these seem to available and spares for them are also around.
Just wondering who made the 2002 fork version and whether it was a blip in the history of the bike which is why they are rare.
Not sure as I was told to only use 02 suspension front.. I have looked at other options. My next thing to do would be to order only from Italy at £149 each is stanchions

·
Registered
15 Posts
Not sure as I was told to only use 02 suspension front.. I have looked at other options. My next thing to do would be to order only from Italy at £149 each is stanchions
ok so whats the measurements of your stock suspension
length of fork from the cap to the centre of spindle.
diameter of stanchions.
Width from inside of lower leg to inside of lower leg
If you have them stripped down whats the length of the stanchion as it is possible that the same stanchion is fitted to another lower leg more commonly available.

like Honda CBR F4 and Suzuki RF900 same front Stanchions and cartridges springs are 30 mm shorter in the RF900 lower leg is different for Fender fitment but both have the same 4pot tokico brake calipers it worth looking as this could ligthen the load on your Budget.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok so whats the measurements of your stock suspension
length of fork from the cap to the centre of spindle.
diameter of stanchions.
Width from inside of lower leg to inside of lower leg
If you have them stripped down whats the length of the stanchion as it is possible that the same stanchion is fitted to another lower leg more commonly available.

like Honda CBR F4 and Suzuki RF900 same front Stanchions and cartridges springs are 30 mm shorter in the RF900 lower leg is different for Fender fitment but both have the same 4pot tokico brake calipers it worth looking as this could ligthen the load on your Budget.
Am trying to do this without costing me a bomb which other ways I look it seems that way cost cost cost... the stanchions full length is 57.6cm if not out length is 42cm from seal to nut... for me to have a light fitted to a 46mm thick tube is at more cost. Turns out this bikes just a nightmare

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts