Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
back again still haven't got the zx6 goin right since i joined 9 months ago, problem has changed.
The problem is bike won't rev past 5Kish with small med or large throttle openins it starts very easily idles nice is crisp bliping throttle revs down quick it runs sweet up to 5k itwill rev through if left to idle or sit for a minute but if ridden constantly no go past 5k.
I am leaning towards thinking the float bowls are emptying faster than they are refilling. this is a guess ! not proven yet as i have conflicting information
1st cond of bike 1owner me good,modifyed parts fuel filter inline staight through dirt bike style smallish diameter outlet but flows good i spose,everything else bar paint original, 32000klms just replaced the following all fluids, rings,valve clearences,pickup /pulsecoil, cdi box, 1 stickcoil,fuel relay,
things inspected vac lines ,visualy connected no obvious holes or tears lines not pressure tested,fuel pump I held finger over pump outlet hose whilst bike running n I could get a squirt of fuel from a small amount of pressure builing up in the line. fuel tap seems to flow freely, fuel tank breather not blocked,carb float bowl height correct i think![I think I have the right mark on he carb body? I dunno but don't think it would cause the symptoms i have I could b wrong this is why I am asking, I am missing something.
I can see fuel physicly pump to carbs blurb blurb blurb when fuel line is not connected to carbs so i don't know why it would give symptoms of low fuel :eek:

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
thanks 4 the help guys:rolleyes: I found n fixed the problem
What did it turn out to be ?

Also you wanted an answer in the middle of the night ? (in the USA).

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
either of two things
there is a tee junction that joins carb 1 & 2 that is connected via a straight pipe to a tee junction that joins carb 3 & 4 then joins to the valve/ junction thingy in the nose/ ram air intake I don,t think these are vac lines but some pressure thing anyways one of theses tee junction boots was not seated properly. I checked vac lines a few times even sprayed carb cleaner around to see if there would b a rise or drop in rpm. but came up with nothing this is a easy one to miss as it nestled between the carbs and difficult to see.
Other possibility is having resprayed the frame, everything including the fuel pump came out. I noticed that the inlet n out let of the pump were sitting on top but when compared to manual photo they were suppossed to b on the bottom ie fuel pump had been rotated in its holder so inlet n outlet were still connected correctly but on the top intead of the bottom . dunno if the pump was being messed up by air or what. as I addressed both issuses @ the same time I'm not sure which fixed it I will post photos of both L8r as these r a easy one to miss

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL I'm a dick as both these issues were cauzed by me ,pump being rotated coz i wouldv'e assumed air would need to escape fuel pump so by puttin outlet on top instead o bottom, n not being careful enough with carb bank whilst on bench knocked staight joiner pipe inturn deseating tee boot. LOL Live n Learn [hopefuly]

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
Well it least you got it figured out.

Stay safe and enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
here is the ram air line on carb that has the boot not seated properly it is obscure n difficult to see , most likly causes are either whenn loosening cable holder on cside of carb bank carbs have seperated slightly Or whilst carb bank was on the bench the pipe got bent up & as the tee can swivel it deseated its boot. just postn this beware o the mother fn BOOT

1 - 7 of 7 Posts