Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a zx6rr 2003 ex british supersport race bike it's has plenty of trick bits fitted. Just wondered if anyone can help me with something I don't understand on the gearbox. When the bike is not running I can select neutral with
No probs but if the engine is running it is impossable to select neutral it rides with no problems up And down the gears. The guy I bought it off said it had a fancy clutch and gearbox can anyone help and tell me what it could be fitted and it's purpose of
No neutral thanks

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
The clutch wouldn't be what determines whether or not neutral exists. It would have to be something custom in the actual gear box. I would ask the guy you bought it from.

·
Registered
291 Posts
A normal gearbox has some steel balls in it, called "positive neatral finding". It makes the box go easy in neutral, but you can't select 2nd gear when the bike is standing still.

In racebikes you sometimes use the first gear several times on a slower corner. By removing thes balls, you can shift easyer from 1 to 2 and you can select 2nd gear when the bike is standing still (can be usefull incase of a mistake). The only "problem" is the positive neatral finding balls are removed, so you might have some difficulties selecting neutral

1 - 6 of 6 Posts