Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with the ZX6RR Kit ECU and AIM MXL Pista dash/datalogger? I've got an '05 ZX6RR with this combination, and I can't seem to get it to work. The engine RPM is reported erratically (either reasonable, or about 2000 RPM high) and the wheel speed is reported really high (up to 400 MPH!) The AIM MXL Pista is supposedly a direct plug-and-play replacement for the stock dash. The AIM Sports guys replaced my dash and harness, but the new set works the same as the old one.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have this setup working quite well on our bikes, but I had to play with the multlipler and pulses per revolution to get it even close to the right readings.

I have the multipler set at /2 and the pulses set to 32 revolutions. Weird but it works.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thinking about this some more... so you set the "Multiply factor", which is for the RPM, to /2, and the "Pulses per wheel revolution", which is for the speed, to 32?

·
Registered
63 Posts
How do you guys running the AIM dash's like em? We have used Starlane from italy past few years...good but very picky on setup and using.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for the delayed response... I haven't logged onto the forum for awhile. I really like the AIM dash. I have the MXL Pista; it's bulletproof and has plenty of data collection channels. It did take me a fair bit of detective work to figure out how to program the Speed and RPM channels; the "Plug and Play" default values are completely wrong. It turns out that the correct "Multiply Factor" for the RPM is /2, and the "Pulses per Wheel Revolution" is 27. Once you have those right, it works like a charm.

·
Registered
151 Posts
You mean I wasn't going 200 MPH over the crest heading into turn 2 at Laguna? The data really impressed all my friends!

Thank goodness they could not figure out that a 636 is incapable of 200 MPH unless it fell out of plane, and that IF I could do 200 MPH anywhere at Laguna I would be riding sub MotoGP times instead of barely breaking 2 minute times.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts