Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a good RPM to Launch at at the drag strip? I was launching at about 8,000 RPM's and could only get a 1.67 60' time. I know that it has more in it than that.

Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Kawboy444 races his 636 on the 1/8th mile, and launches at 10000 rpm and dumps the clutch. He's got his lowered and runs 6.70's very consistant. Try that on your RR, just make sure you at least have a racing strap on the front to keep the front end down.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Actually tried my hand at the drags this weekend. I am definatly not good. All stock 636 and the best I got in the 1/8th was 7.73 with a .702 reaction. My best reaction of the night was a .569, most were in the .7s. I was only launching around 2500. I was being too carefull on lofting the front end, also kept hitting the rev limiter...forgot to watch for the shift light, or spinning the rear tire, heh heh. Well, I am new to the sport, I usually like dragging my knee. I am hoping that my buds and I will take a trip to Richmond Dragway in the next couple weeks. That track is a 1/4 mile...yes, I am hooked!/forum/uploads/zx636skiv/7-25-03skivray.jpg
Yes, I beat the F4 each time!

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
My 02 runs 7.5s and 7.6s. But I have only taken it one time. That was launching at 9000 and letting the clutch out about half the normal speed. Never brought the front tire up like that. What are your speeds? My fastest was 97mph.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have trouble shifting my 600 RR, and all that I could muster was a 10.71 at 127 mph. I was hitting the rev limiter in 5th gear as I crossed the line. I guess that if I got a better start, and hit all of my shift points correctly, I could have picked up a few more tenths. I will try again this week

·
Registered
671 Posts
lowboy, sounds like you are running the 1/4, I was on an 1/8th mile track. Next weekend, I am going to try the 1/4, so we will see what I can do. My 60' best was 2.1, so I have a ways to go!

melloyello, I posted a best of 98.5 mph thru the traps. That was also my fastest run at 7.733, 60' was 2.112, and the reaction was a putrid .702. So I guess if I cut a perfest light, I would have had closer to a 7.5 et. My bud on the gixxer 750 did a 7.1, so I guess I need more power!![}:)]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.