Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a quality steering dampener that fits the left frame spar threaded mount on the 03 ZX6RR. While Kawasaki provides the inner and outer fork tube mount ($109.95 each! ouch), they do not provide a dampener. Given the price of the Kawasaki part, it would be nice to locate a quality product that also includes mounting hardware. Any ideas would be appreciated...

Thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
Originally posted by thud

I am looking for a quality steering dampener that fits the left frame spar threaded mount on the 03 ZX6RR. While Kawasaki provides the inner and outer fork tube mount ($109.95 each! ouch), they do not provide a dampener. Given the price of the Kawasaki part, it would be nice to locate a quality product that also includes mounting hardware. Any ideas would be appreciated...

Thanks
You don't need the Kawi clamps they are for mounting a dampner that has no mounting kit (like of you wanted to mount a 120mm Ohlins today - you can buy clamps a lot cheaper). Just wait until June when the Ohlins will be out for the ZX6R 636 complete with the mounting kit. The photos on Winders ZX6R of the 120mm Ohlins (which are just standard 120mm Ohlins which have always been available) show that, that bike has pre-drilled and threaded steering dampner mounts. The 636 does not. The Ohlins steering dampner mounts that will come with the kit is a very trick very nice piece that mounts at the steer head (no clamps required) ..

So be patient you will be rewarded ... (BTW I say skip the Scotts units .. the Ohlins are worth the wait).

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have recently installed a WP unit (connects to the triple clamp above the fuel tank). Piggyback cylinder, 32 click adjustments and a very nicely finished clamp as well (in gold). Must be working very well as I haven't noticed it while riding (tried on track and road)

Paul.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have installed the matris m4pro on one zx6rr and a scotts on the other. Both seem to be about the same quality the scotts was about a 100 buck cheaper if it means any thing to ya. Race wise the matris has a nitogen piggy back and is said to handle harder conditions. But who knows?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.