Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm new to the site, just posted an intro in the Newbie section. I recently sold my RC51 and purchased a 2003 zx6rr for the track.:D It's a fully race prepped bike....and I'm planning to take delivery at the track next Monday.

I've only run pump fuel on my other bikes, but the zx has some engine modifications (race ecu kit, ported etc) and the guy who built the engine suggested that I use at least a 50/50 mix of race and pump gas. Has anyone here run a mix? I haven't heard of that before...but this is my first modified engine...any thoughts from fellow track day or race junkies?[8)]

·
Registered
414 Posts
Find out if he bumped the compression ratio when he modded the motor. That would tell me if I needed race gas. Do a search on here for a similar post to yours not so long ago. Some guy on here posted a great read on octane, compression ratios, detonation, etc. which may answer your question.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. He did bump the compression on the engine. Again, his suggestion was to run it at least on a 50/50 mix of race and pump fuel, but that it would make the highest hp on pure race fuel (MR9). I respect his opinion since he built the bike;), but I just haven't heard of mixing before.

I'll do a search for the other posts.[:eek:)]

·
Registered
14 Posts
Make sure you drain your tank between trackdays/races. Race fuel does bad things to fuel systems when it sits.....

John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.