Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys. I'm pretty experienced with these bikes (rescued/rebuilt a few) but one thing I've never had any firm information about are some of the clutch cover details and I've never found any information on the 'intarwebz' regarding this (oh yes, I've looked).

1. Regarding the inner cover breather/damper components: I've always been of the notion that the inner plate and rubber damper serve as part of a noise damping system but I've not been entirely sure. All of the ZX7s have some variation of this system but I'm specifically interested in the 1991-1995 models. Do these parts serve any mechanical purpose? To put it another way, if these parts are deleted what (if any) are the negative effects (i.e. oil cavitation/starvation, etc.)?

2. Regarding the outer cover: Some year models (1991-1992 ZX7-J & K models) will swap with the L models but have an additional 2 screw bosses on the face of the cover that don't exist on the later model covers (I can provide reference photos if absolutely necessary). Does anyone have a clue what the purpose of these bosses serve?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm all about bad, bad, bad ideas made reality!
Current Project: "Treachery": ZX7-L1 Rebuild/Refresh
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 - 1 of 1 Posts