Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll fill ya'll in quick, i bought a '01 zx7r a few months ago from a salvage auction. This guy that owned it laid it down and messed up the fairings, tank, etc... The tank is basically all i got left, I had it pressurized and only part of the dents popped, i bondo'd the rest but im still not impressed with it.

Does anyone know any good places to find tanks that can be trusted? Also, anyone know what tanks can easily fit the bike, such and other year ranges or completely different makes/models?

Thanks everyone!

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
96-03 for the zx7r. I consider us niche bike owners....not a lot in the racing circles....but you can check WERA, CCS forums, ZXforums, red monkey...and of course fleebay

If you get a tank from Cali you'll have extra vent lines to deal with.

Squidskins makes a fiberglass tank...for <cough> $450 Kawasaki

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
id be willing to spend 450 for a fiberglass tank since new metal tanks seem to cost over a grand and i am not spending that much. id prefer fiberglass anyway to lower the weight and center of gravity.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I dont mind if i end up using a metal one, my problem is the tank i have now got royally f*** up when the last owner wrecked it. Even if i could find a used one as long as it's not dented would be better than what i got now. I can get it repainted black to match the project I'm doing...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts