Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,

Without trying to sound too much like a pussy :D, i currently own a bandit 250 and due to upgrade to open class license (been riding for a year). I like the look of the ZX7R and they are fairly cheap over here. I have heard they are a heavy bike and not really suitable for a new rider? is this bullshit?

Basically is the ZX7R a difficult bike to ride/handle?

Any helpful comments appreciated [8D]

Thanks for your time,
Scribble

·
Registered
35 Posts
Naaa, I wouldn't say it's bullshit but it doesn't have to be true either. It'll be wildly different from your Bandit in handling, power and weight. My last bike before the 7 was an RG125, so it's not impossible to step up. Can you get some training on a heavier, more powerful machine first? It'll help take some of the surprises away. I had to train on 50bhp+ bikes to get my licence so I didn't find the jump so severe. Worth looking into.

Also, keep the Bandit for commuting if you can ;)

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
you can commute on a 7, ive done it for two years!

the 7 is a very stable bike, a lot more forgiving than most sportbikes. if you have a good head on your shoulders then you should be able to ride a 7 with no problems as a second bike. its not difficuld to handle or ride but it is a fairly aggresive riding position, i've gotten used to and comfortable with it tho. my 7 is my second bike and i love it, people will make fun of you for riding a heavy bike, but just make fun of them back by saying "if i crash my frame isnt going to break in half" LOL

good luck with your decision...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yep, you can commute on it. I do. But I'm thinking it would be better if I got myself something a whole lot cheaper to do that, and save my 7 from that unnecessary mileage, wear and tear, and daily exposure to city rush-hour mania.

Plus I've been late far too often, just don't want to get off it when the sun's shining and the roads are quiet:D

It's a beauty of a bike Scribble, but mind and get a green one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.