Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone selling or know the best place to get bodywork for the 96-04 zx7r??? im rebuilding it again... and makin it crispy mint again..

plastic or fiberglass... let me know.. street uppers n lowers..

i also have a 92 zx7r ALUMINUM race tank, if anyone is interested.. no dents.. it was painted black...

·
Registered
28,313 Posts
I wanna know where plastic is as well. i have had NO luck locating it.. new or used..

i'm po' white trash, and i can't afford C.F. fairings or whatever, so bargain time shits it is!!

·
Registered
470 Posts
If you want factory, the cheapest I have found is ronayers.com its about 30 off of retail. still expensive, but better than getting hosed from your local dealer.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it doesnt matter.. i was lookin for a used set.. or a new aftermarket.. im gonna paint it anyway..

and i never go to dealers for parts..

·
Registered
1,148 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks man.. im just look for uppers n lowers... in decent condition (dont wanna spend most of my time prepping it) i got a few things im searchin on ebay..

i was hoping maybe some one knew of another source for bodywork

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nevermind.... i picked up a new set complete of street sharkskinz for 430.00

let the rebuilding begin!!!!

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
keep us updated, i always like seeing the whole process come together

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
will do... im gonna probably pull off the single sided swing arm and try something. new.. im gonna be building both my 06 636 streetfighter and my zx7/9rr..

im gonna mess around with painting also... it should be fun..

man my girlfriend is the best.. i work 2 or 3 days a week.. she supports my habits as i go to school!!!!! (she wants me to build her a bike tho, i may just sacrifice one bike)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i heard airtech fits like shit!! my boy is a manager at cyclegear and he tells me to stay as far away from airtech as possible.. he said sharkskinz are the way to go... he sells a ton of race parts/bodywork...

already got a complete set of bodywork at a fraction of the price...

thanks anyway

·
Registered
411 Posts
i heard airtech fits like shit!! my boy is a manager at cyclegear and he tells me to stay as far away from airtech as possible.. he said sharkskinz are the way to go... he sells a ton of race parts/bodywork...

already got a complete set of bodywork at a fraction of the price...

thanks anyway
Hey, never bought anything from airtech:) just a link I came by when i googled..

A friend of mine bougt a sharskinz mono tail for his 05 zx6r that did not fit at all...

·
Registered
470 Posts
ordinarily sharkskinz rock-I would say that they have 98% customer satisfaction. Airtech can make decent bodywork, the problem is that 50% of the time they do not make 'finished' bodywork- Had a friend do a tornado gsxr, the mold had chuck graves, number 8 plate moulded into the form- it would have taken 10 minutes of labor to fix the mold so the crack and the number plate number was not in every piece of bodywork that they make, for that model. Buddy bought some for his 89 gsxr and it is what I would call, sharkskinz quality. Thick, and made well, its like most things today, manufacturing has a fairly crappy pool of employees, either they have energy and drive, and no common sense, or they are skilled and disenchanted, and take it out on their work, either way we suffer.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah i hear ya...

i already got the tail, upper and front fender (they forgot to send me the lowers, but its on its way now)... the tail fits.. four outta the 6 mounting holes line up... so i guess its a good start... the upper doesnt have that little scoop above the headlights.. or the mounting holes... so i gotta figure something out with that... (anyone know if the little light above the cbr900s headlights fits???)

the bodywork needs to be sanded.. i knew that.. i have to wait on the lowers to mount everything.... drill the holes.. ill let everyone know what happens when i get the pieces..

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Where'd you get your skinz that cheap? I'm really thinking about getting a full set of sharkskinz later next summer...

And holy thread ressurection batman

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
that price is probably just the upper and lower...not the tail and fender.

Check with the site sponsor hardracing.com.

cheapcycleparts.com online price for an upper and both side panels was $1400...fook...!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts