Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking around and saw that 905 racing makes a cage for the 7. I am thinking about putting one on my bike and was wondering if anyone had one or know where any pics where of this product.

·
Registered
70 Posts
goes around the bike(engine mostly). keep stuff from getting broken when dropped. stunt guys always have them.

·
Registered
124 Posts
not good if ur into turns. cant lean over as much. dont know if its a good idea cause a 7r aint a good stunt bike(from what people said). unless u dont like turns and u like to drop ur bike a lot.[:eek:)]

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just want something to proctect this new plastic I bought. I don't like the sliders so I was just thinking about the cage.

·
Registered
65 Posts

There you have it

I agree i plan on pickin up some Titanium silver Cf body work, so i wanna protect it as much as possible.[B)]

·
Registered
142 Posts
The 'cage' might work just fine for stunt riders as they seem to drop them while doing slow speed moves. I reckon you should show off your new fairings.....that's why your buying them for?
Let everyone see how good your fairings are. I've never seen a road bike with a cage (I'm not into stunting). I'd say that if you dropped it at speed, it would dig in like a gravel trap. You might slide but your bike will turn to mangled crap from going end over end. If you have a look at the 'endurance' racers, they grind all there brackets, brake levers, rear sub frame etc. When they crash, everything falls off to save the internals, engine, electrics etc.

All depends on how you want to look at things. If you want a good looking bike that goes like the clappers, just don't worry...pay for new fairings. If you like to crash a lot, build a tank...add some weight...go slower...

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think cages are ugly. Unless youre stunting or you like watching your bike fall on its side, pointless. I even think frame sliders are kind of ugly, but good to have. The money you'll spend on a cage is probably what it would cost to fix a scuffed piece of plastic. pointless.

·
Registered
65 Posts
ok!!![xx(] I think a chromed cage over some $2000 silver CF bodywork or paint will look just fine. The post was asking for pics and info not your opinions on style or their functionality.
Cage skeptics are alwayse non users. All cage users swear by em , high speed wrecks(70 in this example) to low speeds (driveway tips).
And i ride/live in LA im worried about evryone, and thing, but me putting my bike down.

And i dont see to many avid to average stunt rollers scrapinga zx7r very often....although anythings possible as recent harley antics have shown at stuntfest 06

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.