Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into getting a zx 14. From what I read this bike is unbelievable. Its 50 some lb lighter then my 7. What I want to know is if any one has ridden one? If so can you tell me how if felt compared to the ZX7. I live in Southern Cali and I do some canyon riding. I know after I am done riding working my 7 through the canyons is tiring. I think the ZX14 may ride the same due to the wheelbase being longer but the over all weight being lighter. Anyone have any input please let me know what you think.

Naptown

·
Registered
230 Posts
ive had mine for almost a week, 150 miles, and i love it. but here in south ga there arent many canyons... i dont like the handelin near as much as my 05 636, but it has rediculous amounts of power! i dont feel too comfortable turning REAL sharp yet, just bc it is a lot bigger than the 636 use to be...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ummmmmm....the ZX14 is definitly not lighter than the ZX7R. On paper its dry weight is about 25 lbs heavier. The ZX10 is closer to being 50 lbs lighter than the 7R and I think it may be even more than that.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Yeah, the ZX-14 isn't lighter than the ZX-7R.

It's been a long time since I last rode a ZX-7R, but from memory, I think that the ZX-14 is a bit easier to steer than the 7 was/is. The ZX-14 is amazingly nimble for a bike of it's size. It doesn't feel as stable in corners as the ZX-7R, but then no other bike does either.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It also depends what kind of riding your doing.
If your just goin on the street then get the ZX-14.
But if your a Track Daz guy then stick with ZX-7R.
My Dad has a ZX-7R that's race modified.

Ride green or don't ride at all
JB

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.