Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive noticed on here that people are trying to swicth their headlights to have both work on low and high beam. It never accured to me that they are a singal low/double high, until seeing it a few times on here, because both of mine work on low and high. Is this something the previous owner may have done, or was the 02 7r made this way?

·
Registered
117 Posts
dunno about the 02, but my 99 has both on in low and high.

·
Registered
743 Posts
My brights "switch" (Or could be something else) is broken so I do not have a choice for low or high, but both are always on too.

·
Registered
28,313 Posts
wait.. lol.

SRT.. bro.. what bikes specifically are you noticing this on?

cuz all ya said was "Ive noticed on here that people are trying to swicth their headlights to have both work on low and high beam. " you never specified where or who or what bike.. lol

·
Registered
470 Posts
I think what people are talking about is the euro/japanese headlight, which has a projector beam, and a h7 catseye- this is wired one or the other, unless you are me and have an extra harness and wire them both on/off- both of those bulbs are only 35 watt bulbs, and are hella bright- went that way because of the uniqness, and the fact that it drops amperage off of the fragile kawi wiring- and that projector beam is crazy hot, you cannot hold your hand 8 inches in front of the headlight for very long, has that magnifying glass effect.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
yea my teg is the same way-projectors are sweet tho.

i really didnt know there was a kawi jdm difference...kinda kicking myself for getting the usdm headlight now...
:buzzsaw:

·
Premium Member
2,317 Posts
Ive noticed on here that people are trying to swicth their headlights to have both work on low and high beam. It never accured to me that they are a singal low/double high, until seeing it a few times on here, because both of mine work on low and high. Is this something the previous owner may have done, or was the 02 7r made this way?
ZX7R year 2000-2003 is both Low/Hi from the factory.

ILYA
FSANE PERFORMANCE

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks F SANE IL..... I know my r6 was single low as well as alot of the other 600's, which is what drew my attntion to the 7r wen i bought it. I HATED the one headlight. (sorry one headlight likers) hahaha. whitehendrix, I think the bikes I was seeing this convo on was somewhere in the mid to late '90s... F SANE's answer pretty much confirms that with his response. Thankya ! I must say tho, the 02 7r is a beautiful machine, and the headlights both working @ the same time is nice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts