Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a 1998 zx7r

I am looking at a 2000 zx12r and was wondering if I am crazy to change :D

I like the zx7 but I am looking to get something a bit bigger for long distance without sacrificing the performance or handling for the weekend ride-outs.

So for me the zx12r seems to be the bike to go for, or is it?

·
Registered
6,000 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts

I like the zx7 but I am looking to get something a bit bigger for long distance without sacrificing the performance or handling for the weekend ride-outs.

My opinion of the 12r after riding one for a few weeks was that it felt much less responsive than my 7, and it did not feel as solid in the handling department.

Now my 7r is a 95, which was known to be super heavy. So the weight difference was noticeable, but not a game changer for me.

As far as distance riding, I found both bikes to be equally as uncomfortable at distance.

But that is just my opinion. If you really want to ride distance comfortably, get a different style bike.
Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
599 Posts

I own several ZX7's(1991-1993) and 7R's(91,92,93,94) and a 2000 ZX12R. They have distinctly different purposes for me and I love them for what they are. I have friends that sport ride their 12's and they love them like that. I don't; mine is a time compression device (unGodly fast straight line bullet). That being said I still like it for long distance stuff but the seat isn't for everyone and I wouls swap it for something more comfortable if I were to be riding alot of long distance rides.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So the zx12 is Obviously faster and heavier but does not add any comfort...true sports bike so ha

I was looking at the zzr but I think its to much like a tourer :confused:

There is bigger maintenance cost on the zx21 but how much do they differ from the 7?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts