Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is off the Raptors and Rockets website:

We know that Kawasaki have left a few surprises for us until later this year. A new Z750 will most likely be unveiled at the EICMA show in Milan in November. It will get Z1000 front and rear end styling points, but still a 4 into 1 exhaust. More exciting are the rumours about a new 800cc Ninja roadbike. Kawasaki dropped the 636 from its model line-up this year and the 750 was dropped several years ago leaving a big gap between the ZX-6R and ZX-10R. Now that WSBK regulation is out in the open when displacement for V-twins are concerned, the in-line four might get bigger too. That leaves an even bigger gap between the 600 and let's say a 1050-1100cc in-line four. With MotoGP going 800 in 2007 there are some synergy effects to consider and the ZX-8R could be Kawasaki's answer. We instructed our designer to make it as much MotoGP as possible, but expect something like this to bear similarities to the new ZX-6R [image]. We hope Kawasaki will launch an 800 to compete with the GSX-R750 even though there are no race series for these machines anymore. Go on Kawasaki, we dare you! Kawasaki Euro marketing boss Leo Schlueter commented: "No comment" and UK marketing manager Martin Lambert commented he wouldn't speak to me on or off the record about new models. We assume in case something would slip. By Tor Sagen/CG by Luc1

Damn I hope they do! I'd put my deposit down in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Never say never, but I highly doubt it. There really is no reason to produce one just because MotoGP is going to 800. They have no homologation requirements there and no other major league in the world has a place for it.

·
Registered
883 Posts
i talked to my kawi dealer the other day and he told me that there wont be 8. The reason being is that they cannot have a bike in mass production that matches their race bike.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I still don't believe there's a need for anything between 600cc and 1000cc. GSXR750 sales success in my opinion is rather odd. I'm sure I'm not the only one out there who'd skip that intermediate step altogether if I were to upgrade.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'd trade up my 636 to an 800

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
If they did put out an 8 i bet it will move decently well with the right styling ques! I would trade mine in, in a heart beat, its a big jump to make from a 6 to a 10 and be honest who reall needs and uses all the power that a 10 offers. TheY are awesome bikeS (10R), no doubt about but an 8 would be perfect IMO.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
The better option is to do away with the 600's altogether and produce 400, 700 and 1000cc classes.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Originally posted by moloko
I still don't believe there's a need for anything between 600cc and 1000cc. GSXR750 sales success in my opinion is rather odd. I'm sure I'm not the only one out there who'd skip that intermediate step altogether if I were to upgrade.
The 750 is not a step between the 2, it's a bike with easily the power of a 1000 with the handling of a 600. I used to have a gixxer 750 and loved it, however my 636 is just as powerfull now than my 750 stock..

·
Registered
757 Posts
Originally posted by 636_EMR

The 750 is not a step between the 2, it's a bike with easily the power of a 1000 with the handling of a 600.
Please forgive me for saying so, but this is one of the stupidest things I keep hearing. If that's truly the case, why do people even buy 600s and 1000s, since it all can be had in an oh-so-freaking-amazing 750? Bullshit, if you ask me. I've ridden a few 1000s, they handle perfectly fine for my measly skill. There's not a damn thing intimidating about the extra power. They just do things a little faster, that's all. In my mind, for my riding style, there's no reason for 750/800 cc.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Originally posted by 636_EMR
The 750 is not a step between the 2, it's a bike with easily the power of a 1000 with the handling of a 600.
If you intend "the power of a 1000" to mean "down 30 horses", then yeah, it has the power of a 1000.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I agree there is no need for the 800cc, there would be no market to race it in, and secondly when have you seen any manufacturer produce a motogp road bike other then Ducati, there are no 990cc remember motogp has been 990cc after the extintion of the 500cc, so why would they start now ? I highly doubt seeing an 800cc out there, but never say never

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,423 Posts
Originally posted by tuffstuff07<br>i talked to my kawi dealer the other day and he told me that there wont be 8. The reason being is that they cannot have a bike in mass production that matches their race bike.
Your dealer's pumping you full of sunshine, buddy. They sure can have a production bike that matches their MotoGP machine, it's just not cost-effective. Look at Ducati. The only thing keeping the manufacturers from throwing some emissions on their GP bikes and releasing them to the public to have the best bike out there is that it'd cost the consumer $100k+, and they'd have to warranty a motor pushed to the edges of it's ability...Ducati dumbed down their MotoGP bike to have just a few snippets here and there of GP tech, and they're still charging $60k (and only part of that price is that it's a Ducati GP replica...the bulk of it is that it's a 200+ rwhp track-built GP bike).

·
Registered
310 Posts
I'd like to get an 800 and they don't have restrictions on what they can make for the street/track. I'd get one...don't need all the power of a 1000 I'd like to see a nice mix of hp/tq of an 800!!!!

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Originally posted by moloko

Please forgive me for saying so, but this is one of the stupidest things I keep hearing. If that's truly the case, why do people even buy 600s and 1000s, since it all can be had in an oh-so-freaking-amazing 750? Bullshit, if you ask me. I've ridden a few 1000s, they handle perfectly fine for my measly skill. There's not a damn thing intimidating about the extra power. They just do things a little faster, that's all. In my mind, for my riding style, there's no reason for 750/800 cc.
I agree to a certain degree but, my experince has been that you can't ride the 1000 as aggressive as you do the 636. I consistenly get off the line better than my 1000 cc counter parts. As far as the handling I agree 100%. My buddy has a 05 GSXR1000 and he rips corners like it's a 600.

Not sure I would get an 800. My next bike will be a ZX-10 or ZX-14. Only reason I would move to the liter bike is to chill out, I know I woul not hot dog the ZX-10 like I do my 636.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Originally posted by zxta6rr
I agree there is no need for the 800cc, there would be no market to race it in, and secondly when have you seen any manufacturer produce a motogp road bike other then Ducati, there are no 990cc remember motogp has been 990cc after the extintion of the 500cc, so why would they start now ? I highly doubt seeing an 800cc out there, but never say never
not every bike has to be raceable, there isnt a class for the 636 and its one of the most popular bikes out there. i think alot of people would buy it and i would like the extra power to bring the front up at will. it gets my aporval.

It's Green on The Inside.

·
Registered
213 Posts
not every bike has to be raceable, there isnt a class for the 636 and its one of the most popular bikes out there. i think alot of people would buy it and i would like the extra power to bring the front up at will. it gets my aporval.
Actually and please correct me if im wrong here i belive they can race the 636cc in formula extreme in AMA seires, next year the Triumph 675cc will be racing i this class.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.