(my prefer)

headlight of ZX10R 2006

headlight of ZX7R

headlight of Ferrari 599 GTB

headlight of K-1 Attack roadster

·
Registered
135 Posts
I second that...I would rather see a 750 come back to the line-up...I have been riding and racing for about 15 years and todays 1000cc machines are just too much power for the street and the average joe. Most people probably wouldn't agree with me, but I wish there was a scale of some sort for people to get their licenses. I used to own a shop and got tired of seeing average squid with their brand new whatever that had never ridden a bike before...smash it up and hurt themselves within a month of owning it. That's why insurance is so high...even for me and I'm 34 with a clean driving record and no accidents...

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Originally posted by smdgrfx
I second that...I would rather see a 750 come back to the line-up...I have been riding and racing for about 15 years and todays 1000cc machines are just too much power for the street and the average joe. Most people probably wouldn't agree with me, but I wish there was a scale of some sort for people to get their licenses. I used to own a shop and got tired of seeing average squid with their brand new whatever that had never ridden a bike before...smash it up and hurt themselves within a month of owning it. That's why insurance is so high...even for me and I'm 34 with a clean driving record and no accidents...
there is, come life in Europe. You have to be 18 to drive. And at least 21 to operate a bike with more than 25kW ..... ;)

but then again; there aren't many (nice) bikes below 600CC and below 100++ hp .......... [V]

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yeah, I knew that. I've been overseas many times in my past. I think last count put me at 14 different countries in Europe/Middle East/Africa.

What about the RVF400 and the ZX400??

·
Registered
597 Posts
You forgot one thing -> MotoGP are 800 cc machines !
Now there is nothing beetween a 600cc and a 1000cc, the rumor seems to be real because Kawasaki don't build the 636 cc anymore.
We'll see in 2008 :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
if they build it, ill be the first one at the dealer to buy one. hell i wouldnt mind my engine in a newer frame. with all the bolt ons on my bike it runs really good, just to heavy!

·
Registered
111 Posts
you said it smd.....some squid spilling his brains all over the place because he doesnt know how to ride. i beleive it is also the dealers responsibilty to suit the rider to the bike-however they would rather sell this squid a 10r than a 250r....noting against dealers. its the buyers obligation to be responsible...i just believe the dealers could help steer new riders in the right direction.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Well, I spoke with a lot of dealers, from yamaha or Kawasaki.
They all think that a 800 cc will come in the future because it is a demand of the customer and now the MotoGP are 800cc , that' a big argument to sell some 800cc bikes.
For the most users, I think a good 800cc will be better then a 1000 on the racetrack.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I've heard it tons and tons of times, Only a switch to 800 cc bikes in WSB would warrant an 800 cc class for riders. MOTOGP has no real connection to production bikes accept for the technologies used, not the engine size. I think it would be great if an 800 cc class would arise, but it not going to be because of MOTOGP. It will because of WSB. As they have rules that govern the use of a model that is available to the public. MY .02.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
VT is right, motoGP has no connetction whatsoever to production bikes. they are not permitted any production parts on their bikes.

this technology will eventually filter down into the production bike market but as long as bodies like WSB and AMA have a 600cc and 1000cc class, those will be the bulk of production bike sales with little else available.

·
Registered
111 Posts
wsb and ama will continue to determine what sizes will be sold-motogp has no bearing on street bike engine size. motogp technology will trickle down to street bikes.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I thin ktaht's not the prbolem.
I think that now ,there is nothing beetween a 600cc or a 1000cc and that's the problem. The 1000cc will probably grow up to 1100cc , so you will have a difference of 500cc beetwen them, that's to much !
And now that the Moto GP are 800cc, well it's the first time that you get a real difference beetween the WSB and the Moto GP in this in the 4 stroke time .It's something realy interesting for the manufacturer, because now they could sell again some replica's GP bike ( in the early 80 they were a lot of manufacturer selling big 500cc 2 stroke ,remember)
We will see ... :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.