Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wanna put the zx9r C motor in my bike if possible. whats the difference between the two? just wondering how bad it would be.
thanks for any help!
Bill

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what about mounting?? is it the same? what makes the C motor so much better than the B motor?? the head, the bore/stroke, both?? if its just the head, can you bolt it on a B motor?? sorry about all the questions just trying to pick up some info.
thanks Bill

·
Registered
367 Posts
they have completely different bore & stroke.... the C model has a much shorter stroke so it has a pretty wild power band... but theres only about 3-5hp between them stock, if that.

mounting would be fairly different too, as the C model uses the engine as a stressed member where the B model - and ZX7R's - do not.

its definately the B model engines that people put into old ZXR750's.... not sure if they go into ZX7R's easily, perhaps another forum or even google would be of more assistance

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
they are pretty easy to swap in from what i read. im not sure if i wanna do this swap or just buy a 9R or a 10R. i dont want my insurance to go up to much.
thanks for all the info
Bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.