Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Slow cranking could be a number of things.
First check your Earth leads are present and making a good contact especially the one from the Battery to the Engine (Thick Black one).
Engine is tight after reassembly.
Starter Clutch Mechanism not installed correctly.
Did you replace the Starter Clutch or did someone else ?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Slow cranking could be a number of things.
First check your Earth leads are present and making a good contact especially the one from the Battery to the Engine (Thick Black one).
Engine is tight after reassembly.
Starter Clutch Mechanism not installed correctly.
Did you replace the Starter Clutch or did someone else ?
This bike really keeps screwing my day when i think its fixed it just gets another problem but taking it day for day so i got the bike starting fine now the next problem is the bike has no power top end above 7-8k rpm and started a weird knock in the engine above 2.5 k rpm and thats when in neutral it didnt do this yesterday i rode it up the street when i came back its there can it be a carb issue i did ajust them to 3 turns out

·
Registered
267 Posts
Std is 1 3/4 +/- 1/4 Turns out.
Try 2 Turns Out.
When you say no power above 7-8k does it hit a wall ? Hesitate like a misfire ? Or just plain run out of puff ?
Can you get a Video of the noise around and post a link 2.5k ?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Std is 1 3/4 +/- 1/4 Turns out.
Try 2 Turns Out.
When you say no power above 7-8k does it hit a wall ? Hesitate like a misfire ? Or just plain run out of puff ?
Can you get a Video of the noise around and post a link 2.5k ?
i took the valve cover off to check to see if nothing visual is broken i did not see anything wrong im gonna put it back together first thing tommorow and get a video of the sound

·
Registered
267 Posts
If it won't start with Air screws set to 2.5 then that suggests a Fuel issue like you said post #25
I agree 1 step forward and 2 back :unsure:
Might be worth having the Carbs apart for a clean.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
If it won't start with Air screws set to 2.5 then that suggests a Fuel issue like you said post #25
I agree 1 step forward and 2 back :unsure:
Might be worth having the Carbs apart for a clean.
I cleaned the carbs and still got the same result im gonna put it back to 3.5 like it was when i bought it running and check

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I cleaned the carbs and still got the same result im gonna put it back to 3.5 like it was when i bought it running and check
I got the bike running not the best but good enough but now it seems like the clutch is not engaging like from when i start the bike in neutral and put it in 1st it sounds like no clutch jumps forward and stalls and if i start it in gear with the clutch the bike seems to move forward a bit

·
Registered
267 Posts
That's sounds like classic Clutch plates stuck together.
I assume you oiled the Friction & Steels before assembling the Clutch ?
There's various ways of releasing the Clutch with some methods being quite vicious in application :rolleyes:
Correct method if it is stuck on to strip and leave all the Plates in soak over night.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
That's sounds like classic Clutch plates stuck together.
I assume you oiled the Friction & Steels before assembling the Clutch ?
There's various ways of releasing the Clutch with some methods being quite vicious in application :rolleyes:
Correct method if it is stuck on to strip and leave all the Plates in soak over night.
I will tear into that tommorow and let it soak but i another thing i started the bike and pushed it a bit then kicked it in gear and took off clutch didnt feel to bad but the bike had no power above 6 k rpm and the knocking came back like everytime i ride it and come back it seemes to be there can this be a overheating issue?

·
Registered
267 Posts
You was going to get a Video up, That might help with the noise issue if we could hear it.

·
Registered
267 Posts
OK
So it's hard to tell from the Video what the issue might be.
I know it's a pain but can you shoot another one and tell us in the Video when you hear the Knocking because I can only make out an odd sound at the end when you shut her off.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts