Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ZX9R E1 Safety switches not working

Hi Guys

I bought my ZX9R E1 Back in 2005 and had a Autowatch alarm fitted. The Alarm is irrelevant since I am taking it out and putting in something that can be heard if you are in the house.

I noticed that none of the safety switches are working so you can have the bike in gear with the stand down and clutch not pulled and crank the bike. I am trying to look at the diagram and make sense of a connection that I am sure is the culprit.

There is a connector near the starter relay with a white plug one wire is black the other is yellow with a red tracer, they are connected together and soldered onto a black wire coming from the front and that is actually the start button since its red and black not running in the harness.

Can anyone maybe explain how it should be connected as the only other wires I have that are cut are connected to the kill switch and both are black on a red plug.

Update: I traced the yellow and red wire to the junction box that leaves me with the black going to the relay and where its supposed to go.

Thank you

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got it sorted, The one wire from the clutch switch was broken in the insulation so it looked like someone took power from somewhere else bypassing the junction box. The wire that was off is basically the earth for the relay in the junction box.

Now everything works as it should :grin2:

Time to connect the new alarm and remote start

1 - 3 of 3 Posts