Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i tried doing a search and i have a question... where can i find you to import and register ( i live in NY ).. or if i can find the body work... will it fit on the ex250 or ex500...
http://www.importmc.com.au/bikes/zxr250a/
they dont import to the US.... i ll try to ask them... but it will cost a lot i would think....you might have to copy and past the link... i really like the looks of the zxr250....

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had a zxr250 as my first bike. The bodywork is unique - it won't fit to a EX250/500, GPX250, or whatever. Basically it's a minature version of the zxr750. They were never sold by Kawasaki in Australia - there are lots here but they were all imported used from Japan, many having been raced there.

They are great bikes - fantastic inline 4, great sounding for a 250 and they handle/look great. There is also a ZXR400 - not many of those in Australia but quite a few in the UK I believe.

Although they are fun bikes, I wouldn't bother with one if you are in the US. Most of the bikes are now about 10-12 years old and have copped a lot of abuse. You'd have difficulty getting parts in the US too. After moving up to a ZX-6R, there is no way I would ever want to ride the 250 again.

·
Registered
59 Posts
just as JOE_ZX6R said.... I was serious about getting my girlfriend at the time one of these little puppies....and they will import to the US....I have even seen them on EBAY from time to time, but as your local dealer if they can get parts and they will tell you they wont service the bikes and most times the dont even know the correct parts number to order parts for you and most still wont order the parts. I know they look neat, but why spend about 3000 to buy one and another 1200 to import it when you can get something that will out perform it for around the same price without all the problems.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok... thanks for the replies...it helped a lot... just going to have to wait till spring to get a 600 then.... thanks again

·
Registered
271 Posts
Just a minor point -- like the ZXR400, the ZXR250 is still part of the Kawasaki line-up, although limited to Japan. The ZXR400 is an official import to the UK. I still have my 250, and it took the longest time to find parts, mainly because of its limited distribution, and it's going on 2 years that I'm restoring it.

Definitely a fun bike -- 18,000 RPM red-line, to which it revs up to very quickly, screaming all the way, never mind that you're doing only 80kph for all the sound and fury -- but the maintenance hassles due to previous owner's ignorance or neglect, can really get you down.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
does anyone know about the bodywork???? i have been searching and i havent found an answer yet....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if no i ll just have to wait till next spring and sell my 90 rx7 to get a 600cc.... thanks for answering

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
they don't make em anymore do they? looks like a fun bike. i'd like to get one for stunting or something

·
Registered
207 Posts
i haven't seen that bike before but damn, it looks pretty decent. I'd say go for it if u got the money and want something not too many people will have. Are there any other websites with info on that bike?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Again, no, unless you can read Japanese -- that's the only market it exists in now [V]... but it DOES still exist.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.