Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I've had some problems with the cooling system of my zxr400, I had to look a little closer than just cleaning it and replacing damaged or worn parts.

It started with an overheating engine. First I thought it just was a low coolant level. If there's (too much) air in the system it all heats up. But that ws all ok. All sensors were ok too. Then I thought it was the thermostat. Which indeed was one part of the trouble. But overheating happened only when I took it out for a hard ride (12k - 15k) so there must be some ort of leakage problem too. And there was!

Since I've made a nice 33k+ miles on this very very nice bike I decided to take it apart (and shoot some pictures for sharing) to see what it all looked liked after all these years and miles. And it's good I did because the arm-rockers were really worn out. Things you don't see or feel. [xx(] Anyway, this is what you'll see on a bike like this after about 33k miles. And I never take it easy on this one.

Funny to see some history from the previous owner when you open the engine up..... But I've ridden this bike for 17 or 18k miles and had no really big problems. Just the normal oil, sparks, filter, tires things.

(hope the translation is good, if not ...... ;))

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.