Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I am thinking of getting a zzr250 as my first bike. Having lessons at the moment, hope to pass test soon.

Mainly becuase a mate of mine is selling one, its M reg so about 1995, they rebuilt it its got the engine out of the gpx I think done around 4k miles, the bike has done around 8k.

Has anyone got any advice when buying one, what to look of for etc. I have yet to ride it, will be riding a gs500 next week and from then on till my test so will have to see how that compares.

Seems like a cheap bike to run/insure.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jon

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just upgraded from my first bike, an 05 ninja 250. Loved it. Perfect for a first bike. A big confidence builder. Lightweight and easy to handle. You won't accidentally get too much throttle, but it can move in the higher gears once you get moving. I upgraded to an 07 ZZR600 after about a year, but wouldn't have traded my time with the 250 for anything. You're right, cheap to buy, cheap to insure. After a year, I traded mine in and got $400 less from the dealer than I bought it for (as a trade in!).

·
Registered
82 Posts
Ninja 250s are great bikes to start off on. You can get them used cheap and in good condition for about 2,000 for the newer model years.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Went on a zzr250 the other day, passed my test last Friday.

Felt very strange handling probably due to the position and the weight. Nice bike though, nippy good brakes.

Need to take it out again for a proper ride. My hand was too cold after 20 mins.

·
Registered
213 Posts
check out www.ninja250.org, and check the FAQ. There's a LONG article in there somewhere about buying a used bike.

Tons of info. A lot of overkill, but it gives you lots of tests to try when you go see the bike, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.