Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

My year 94 ZZR 250's stop switch has gone dead after I attempted to install an alarm with immobilizer function onto the bike. Immediately after the installation everything seems to be OK and the alarm was also functioning normally. However, the next day when I tried start the bike, there was no signal and the starter won't fire. After checking, there were 2 fuse blown. Replacing the fuse makes the bike operational again. But the Stop / Kill switch no longer function.
Any idea which area went wrong ?? I hope the IC igniter is not toast.
BTW, if the resistance reading of the various port of the IC Igniter does not conform to the service manual's value, will there be any problem ? The manual recommend for changing.
Thanks.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Okay, I don't have much experience with these, but the way the stop switch works is that it grounds out the electrical system. It must not be grounding, which I would assume means it has a short somewhere that isn't allowing it to ground out like it should.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi! JStutz2003,
Thanks for the info. Anyway to trace where the short accured ? It seems that I have wrongly connected the alarm's immobilizer wire to the ignition wire leading into the IC Igniter. I have since disconnected the unit but the kill switch is still stuck.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Okay, I could be way off, but it would seem that you would want the immobilizer wired to the cutoff switch so it grounds the bikes ignition system out when set off. So I would imagine that the ignition would also have to go to the "Run" side of the cutoff switch. When the cutoff switch is turned to "off", it grounds out the ignition. Sounds like either the ignition isn't connected to the ground correctly or the cutoff isn't grounding correctly. I would probably check the ignition first.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JStutz2003,

Thanks for the info. I have managed to sort out the alarm issue and the immobilizer is working fine now. But my kill switch is still not able to function properly. I tried to open up the right handle switch assembly but one of the screw just doesn't budge, even after liberal use of WD-40 like lubricants. What to do now ?? If I use force sure the screw will be damaged [xx(]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.