Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i wanna take off the rear peg brackets so i can polish them up.... i see that the one allen head screw is half way under the tail... grrr. so im assuming now ill have to take off the whole tail just to take these off??? neone know how many bolts i will have to remove?? trunk lock ? i dont wanna take off shit that dont need to be.... all i wanna do is take the peg brackets off polish them n pop em back on. i also noticed when i took off the front seat the paint was chipped because of the staples in the viynl?? grrr neone else had that problem

·
Registered
38 Posts
getting the tail off isn't all that hard. An unnecessary complication to get the brackets off, maybe. I know the only thing that made it tricky the first time I did it was I was afraid to bend the plastic to actually get it off (you have to in order to slide it up then back to get off). You have to take off the passenger handles and the trunk lock (I'm pretty sure). But yeah to get the peg brackets off you need to take it off. I've taken it off 3 or 4 times now, takes like 3-5 minutes.

bret

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok i did it. i actually just had to loosin the front tail screws and take handles off and was able to lift it enuff, put some elec. tape on the paint so if i slipped with the tool i wouldnt chip the paint, cuz it was really tight

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.