Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

41 - 60 of 135 Posts

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
Again, nice work. The belly pan and hugger look like they were supposed to be there when the bike was new. Now time to get rid of that undertail crap, huh?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Larry, you hate the undertail crap right? Hope you'll love this... :p

The 2 pcs tail light's LED dead... decided to put new type LED tail light and make it sharp edge looking...

The first thing is creating a mold and duplicate the back cover...

The prototype designing begins...

The new tail light fix without removing the old tail light... wanna make it standard, just remove the new tail light... so simple...

Prototype done...

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
So why the new tail light? What was wrong with the original? Something about it being dead? I figured you'd just take off the undertail license plate holder thing and toss it. Looks a lot better either way. I'll never understand why manufacturers make those rear fenders so big and ugly.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
So why the new tail light? What was wrong with the original? Something about it being dead? I figured you'd just take off the undertail license plate holder thing and toss it. Looks a lot better either way. I'll never understand why manufacturers make those rear fenders so big and ugly.
Road-Legal issues or something. Need a reflector, turn signals and license plate at edge of tail and signals need spaced apart.

All this is easy to deal with as 1 ugly unit.

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
Road-Legal issues or something. Need a reflector, turn signals and license plate at edge of tail and signals need spaced apart.

All this is easy to deal with as 1 ugly unit.
Hmm. Well either way, he does killer work. I dabble in custom stuff, but he takes it to another level.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
It's my first time opening the ER6 tail cover and too bad, it's no subframe (welded to main frame) which is limitation to my mode if I don't cut it.

Try to match the rear frame with ZX10R 09 tail... seems like not really good as it's sharp but lower than the fuel tank...

Try to match the rear frame with my mode Ninja 250R tail... errmmm... I think it's better due to rounded shape...

Which one would you prefer?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I've sold the clip-on handlebars. Planning for a new clip-on design instead. However, using stock handlebar is kinda weird to me... not use to it. I'm thinking of using ZZR250's handlebar for the time being. Once fixed and ride the bike, absolutely not a bad idea. Guest what, it's like riding a ZZR... well, sort of...

Better clearance on the clutch cable...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
To date, this is the outcome... alien vs predator :? ... not yet completed the windscreen wing...

This time still using mentol signal bulb...

And this one already change all to brighter bulb...

For the Lens Sportlight in the middle, I think it's better to put 2 sets instead. Do you feel the same?

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
I like that front end much better than the original. The bike is looking good, man. I don't blame you for trying to fabricate a new tail; I hate the look of the tail on the ER-6N and 650R with that huge, ugly single seat. I still don't understand why Kawasaki still makes them like that.

41 - 60 of 135 Posts