Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have a problem with my ZZR600
It hadn't been used for 10 years when I got it, cleaned out tank and carbs etc, it now starts not problem
Bike revs fine right through the range when stationary
When ridden there is a flat spot from about 4500 revs, drop a gear and get it above 6500 revs and away it goes no problems
When turning into a head wind or coming out from a slip stream revs die back into the flat spot
It appear to be when air rushes into the air ram intakes to me
Jets are all clean diaphrams are fine, carbs have been balanced
As I understand the ram air system as air pressure in air box increases the float bowls should become presurised and I suspect something is not right here
Any suggestions are welcome
Kevin

·
Registered
267 Posts
Who cleaned the Carbs because they still sound like the problem or at least part of it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Who cleaned the Carbs because they still sound like the problem or at least part of it.
Hi
I cleaned the carbs was pretty sure they were spotless
I think I may have just found the problem, I followed the pipe which I took to be the one that pressurises the float chambers when pressure in air box rises and found it had come off the connections at both the air input pods at the front
I have got to test it yet but seems like I might be better at cleaning carbs than I am at connecting the air pipes back up

1 - 4 of 4 Posts