Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright heres the deal I have a 2005 ZZR600 and its a great machine, problem is when i pull in the clutch all the way to come to a stop and rev the gas a little there is a click coming from the front sprocket like it turns a tad when i rev the throttle only when im rolling like it goes click click click "click meaning the chain kinda jerks a little. not enough to make the bike lunge just enough to be heard. I adjusted the clutch top and bottom and that did not help. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Are you sure its coming from the front sprocket area? If so take off the front sprocket cover and inspect for debris or a badly worn front sprocket.Also check that the front sprocket lock washer and nut are on tight. May be able to find the the cause when you remove the cover.

·
Registered
823 Posts
[:Agree]
Do you regularly clean and lubricate your chain?
Check the chain slack (spec is in the owner's manual)
If you have a swingarm stand put the bike up on the stand and rotate the rear wheel. Check for stuck links in the chain and rear wheel alignment. Good luck!

·
Registered
451 Posts
When's the last time you adjusted your clutch? Check to make sure it's fully disengaging when you pull that lever in.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I adjusted the clutch when i heard the noise. Its weird it only does it when your rolling. But if your at a dead stop it does nothing. Like if im coming to a stop sign and i pull the clutch in and give it a little rev like im sure everyone does it seems like the chain is jerking slightly. not enough to move the bike but like its pulling slack or something.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh and i just got back from Deals gap with no problems and the whole way home it rained like a son of a bitch maybe its just rusty or something from sitting in the rain for 13 hours.

·
Registered
823 Posts
[:M98]
Yikes! Yep any lube that was on the chain got washed off and road muck took its place! Treat your chain to a nice cleaning with WD-40, wipe dry, then apply a good motorcycle chain lube. wipe off excess and then let it set up overnight. Ride it and I'll bet the noise is gone. [:M25]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.