Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Need help

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  bensbaby 
#1 ·
I need some help....

2008 zx14r

voodoo exhaust kn intake 8 inch rear stretch supposed to have ecu flash

I have a brand new battery spring this year

My bike just almost died on me random on night never ever had a issue before....the volts just went way down I barly made it home....

I got a new used regulator and put it on and the bike ran mint for the day then that night died flat had to get it towed home.

SO IM PISSED OFF NOW... I tested the stator like they say to and it tested fine I took out my stator took it to kawi dealer they looked at it told me it was fine.

THEY SAID I GOT A SHIITY USED PART.

So I ordered a brand new one....250

I put it on yesterday the volt are up 14 ish mint...

I just drove it around a bit in town 13.2 13.3 out in country going 80....

and in town 12.5-12.7

and it seems to run hot......

is this right ,???

See less See more
#2 ·
Sounds like a load somewhere in your system. Even at idle, you should see at least 14v. If there are any other mods to the bike, I would take a good hard look at all of them.

Also, if the bike is running hot, I would look at your rad fan(s) and figure out if you have one going bad. If one of those starts to load up it could really increase draw and pull down the voltage.

Sounds like a nasty gremlin, keep us updated.

#3 ·
Did you check your terminals and wires? Is it grounded good? Battery is fine, charging system is the issue. Your running voltage should be higher then that, 14-14.4 depending on RPMs.

If it only does it when hot it could be the fan like stated, but on a cold start when the fans are not on then you would have higher voltage.

#5 ·
What does your digital temp thing sit at in the city ??

and its dead now its fried again its down to 11.5 not charging at all....

now with it running I unhooked the battery and it died instantly.

I know that's a good trick with older cars....to tell if the alt is bad but can I do it with the bike??

is it possible the stator is messed up somehow that its burning out my reg ??

the stator is over 300 and a new reg is 250 every time.

IM PRETTY MAD....

:(

I don't think its the battery at all....it charges up perfect...with the batt charger..

my bikes bone stock otherwise...lol that's what dealer asked me if I had heated grips. I laughed and said no.

any advice would be good ty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.